Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?

Go down 
+6
Logmadr
aprildawn
Annie
Era Amunet
Zephron
Ook!
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:08 pm

If so, which is it and why is it your favourite?
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Zephron

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm

The one i usemost is (rather boringl) the celtic cross, its what i learnt with and what i feel most comfortable doing especially if i am reading for other people, as i am less likely to confuse my self (or embarrisingly resort to using a book)

Though my friend uses one that relates to the phases of the moon and i have been attempting it and find it spectacular for intimate personal readings, not really materialistic in any sense but for emotions and the like it works very well. I haven't performed this for anyone but my self yet and i wont till i feel really comfortable with it.

BB
Simon Witch
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:02 pm

I usually do the plain horseshoe spread when I use any of the minor Arcana (which I usually use (mainly cups as I have been able to memerise them all)) or I use the Celtic Cross spread when I do the Major Arcana but I try not to do major arcana as I am unable to remember what all of the placments mean
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:20 pm

I don't know the horseshoe or moon phase spreads. These sound interesting, if you know any sources online about these I'd appreciate it if you posted them here. Smile

I use the Celtic Cross for general readings and fo rmyself I tend to just use the three card spread. I tried much more detailed spreads but believe it or not found I liked more basic readings.
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:42 pm

the horseshoe spread is just five cards layed out in a horseshoe shape.

What you don't expect
What you expect
Near future
Present
Long term future
Back to top Go down
Annie
Admin
Admin
Annie

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:27 am

I'm confused Louise!!! That is only three positions or is it just me being stupid?

I don't really have a particular spread that I use. I tend to just draw the cards that feel "right" and then read them together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.merrymoot.co.uk
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:32 am

GAH! i just saw it is ment to be five (I put spaces to make it so it was in the right places...

Present

What you expect

What you don't expect

Near future

Long term future
Back to top Go down
Annie
Admin
Admin
Annie

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:14 am

Oh! I get it now!

Thank you!!

P.S. I edited your first post so that it looks vaguely horseshoe like! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.merrymoot.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:21 am

Great, I'll try that one now. Smile
Back to top Go down
aprildawn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:33 pm

I typically use the double celtic cross spread to do readings especially if the person just wants a general reading and doesnt have a specific area they would like to know more about. I have the most amazing book that gives so many different types of spreads and manifestations I absolutely love it. I have used many of them and they are amazing. Everyone who reads the tarot should have this book. It is called 'Tarot Life Planner, change your destiny and enrich your life' by Lady Lorelei. I love it!

aprildawn Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:31 am

Nice to see you posting again sweetheart, I know you've been busy recently, but I'm happy to see you return!! Keep it up hun, and thank for the recommendation, i'll speaking to lunarCraft about getting that book in stock, sounds good!!

Loggy
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 am

three card spread XD mainly because its the most simple and i havnt really gone much further than that Razz
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:57 pm

I use a 3 card pull that we call the Past, Present, Future. The first card turned face up is the past and so on and so forth. I prefer this pull to any other. Tis simple and much less garbage to wade through!
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Now, Instead of doing the horseshoe spread, I use either the serpent spread or, it the reading is about something in particular, my own. For example I now use a heart spread is the question is on relationships, it is basically a heart made up of eight cards and then two in the middle overlayed for difficulties and how they were "defeated". I also have one for finances which is the same princable but with a circle instead of a heart.

Oh and I was just wondering, to those who do readings over the internet, how you do them as I would like to try.
Thanks

Witch BB Witch
Back to top Go down
Lúthien
Lúthien

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:13 pm

I'd say I also prefer the Celtic Cross, I guess it's because it's one of the first spreads I learnt and I find I get better results using it. The horseshoe is also one I used regularly for a period but that has sort of tailed off now. Can't go wrong with the Celtic Cross Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:58 am

3 cards spread normally but i am learning the horseshoe and sometimes depending on how i feel i wont use a particular spread i will just draw however many cards i feel are needed
Back to top Go down
http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread?   Do you have a preferred Tarot Spread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1