Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love potions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Love potions Empty
PostSubject: Love potions   Love potions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Love potions - myth or matter of fact? What do you think?

I know pheromones are used to an extent but are there Wiccan or Pagan versions that have replicated the effect of the love potion? Do you know any of these or are they a closely guarded secret? Smile
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

Love potions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love potions   Love potions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 pm

I believe they can be done, but I don't think they benefit anyone involved and I would view them as having the same dark implications that curses have. I don't know, maybe there are circumstances under which they could be justified - I just can't think of any myself. I don't like the idea of manipulating someones emotions, whether you use magick to do that or not.

I know how I would go about writing a love spell (I tend to write my own spells) like what tools/materials/ingrediants/symbolisms to use, but I never have, and it's not exactly something I plan to do.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Love potions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love potions   Love potions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Thanks for your response Aoife, I just wanted to add that I feel the same way as you about such matters. I forgot to make that clear in my post! Embarassed

I just wanted to open up a discussion about something that is, for all intents and purposes, very much treated as a myth by a vast majority of the population imho. Your points are absolutely my opinion too.

It fascinates me though that there are so many natural substances out there that Wiccan and Pagans have a knowledge of that seems to be lost on conventional science. 'Love potions' is an extreme example imho of what such knowledge could achieve. I hope this makes sense. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love potions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love potions   Love potions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love potions
Page 1 of 1