Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meditation/ritual room

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt32
matt32

Meditation/ritual room Empty
PostSubject: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Ive been planning on building a small meditation/temple/ritual room down at the bottom of my garden and id love to here other peoples ideas on this or if you know of any site with examples or dare i say it plans that would be great.

The problem i have is being able to get my own space (3 kids in the house)ive thought about in the loft but i have an ideal site in the garden its very private and gets the sun from sunrise untill sunset.Im more than capable of the costruction but it would be great to see some other examples or even ready made flat pack style.

Even if you have some drawings id love to see them .

so mote it be
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:17 pm

wow! sound like a great idea to me, id love to have a lttle private place all to myself.
Well, i have a bit of a thing with fluffy cushions and fuzzy blankets and stuff, so mine would be feeled with them. id like some nice lavender cnadles and vanilla ones, cos i have a great feel with fire around me. id like a window, as well, because i LOVE the feeling of the sun on my face and it relaxes me.
Windchimes...i love their sound.
Knowing me, id probably decorate the walls with symbols and thing that i love.

I know this isnt really a kind of blue print, but what i'd put in the room....and so completely personal and probably no help to u what so ever, lol...but u could get some ideas, lol!
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Can we rename this "Sacha's Dreaming Room"? LOL! It sounds like a really good idea, and the name of such a place (dubded by Wiccans) is a Séomar, a sacred place where you can weave magick and meditate on your own...it's also nice to put up Runes and Sigils on th walls, protecting it from any magick you cast accidentily from leaving, eliminating the risk of stray energy getting loosed

jocolor

Last edited by on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:36 pm

LOL! Shut up u gimp, just cos i like nice things and day dream a lot!!

Why is it called a S130omar? Whats with the numbers?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:18 am

Sorry about that, if you hold "Alt" and press "130" on the number pad you get the "é" so I must've not pressed alt hard enough!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:22 am

lol! Ok, makes sense now! I have to admit i did get confused, lol =]

How do you make siligs?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:28 am

What's a "silig?''

heehee!

Sigils are made two different ways to my knowlege: on if by extreme perseverance, and the other is made by using older ones, from books, Internet, spirits, and the like Smile

With the first method, you must drag something that to you, is the essence of what you want the sigil to do: for example, if you wanted to make a sigil for good sleeping, the shape would have to be smoothing...when you come down, I will show you an example of some sigils Smile

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:35 am

lol! Oh right....
If your making one up, or whatever, do you like, need to 'magick it up' so to speak, or is like a magick symbol as it is? if that makes sense =S
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:36 am

Sigils are very difficult to make and take a lot of time to make: I'll try to make a board on them sometime

jocolor

p.s. check your private messages!

Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:05 am

So Logmadr where did you get thiis word Séoma from ???? i would realy like to know.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:39 am

Séomar is from the Wicca/Sweep series, but it is a true word to describe a spiritual place...why are you interested?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 am

if i was not iterested i would not ask lol.

Ive done numerous serches and asked on other wicca forrums the searches turned up nothing and the replies ive had on my posts say they have never herd of it.

whats the wicca/sweep series???i
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:55 am

It is a fantasy series written by Cate Tiernan, and although most of the books are completey fiction, there are a few snippets of information that ARE true...they are a good read..

jocolor
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:57 am

So this word could well just be fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:00 am

No, I have an old teacher from Ireland and she confirmed this word was Gaelic, for spiritual place...so unless she was pulling my leg...and what does it matter if it is? To me, it feels right Smile It's how words feel that matter to me

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:34 am

Meditation is very personal imho, therefore your room would be a reflection of what you find peaceful and easier to empty your mind of all things.

Based on this, it is often the case that people will not put things in the area that they meditate in that are 'busy' or distracting in any way. An empty room with a mat or cushion to sit on, a heater to keep the temprature ambient and plain walls would suit one person who wants nothing in the room but it's blandness may distract another person.

When I was a kid, a friends father used to have a large wooden backed chair that he meditated in with the door closed and locked in his study.

I think the ideal room for me would be just a small, clean and ambient temperatured room with plain floor (carpeted or ideally with standard Japanese tatami), plain walls (probably white), a cushion to sit on the floor and a small altar table with a single flower in a small flower holder or a small incense burner with a burning incense stick. I would sit in the centre and the table would be approx 1 metre from me to provide a basic visual focus. That's me though, yours may look completely different.
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:27 pm

That sounds exactly what i had in mind a very minimal interior.Calm and tranquil.My vision i have at the moment is a five sided wooden structure with wooden shingled roof.
The entrance being all glass to make the most of the light.

There is allready a nice fire pit built infront of where the building will go i spend hours out there gazing at the flames i suppose thats one of my forms of meditation.
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:10 pm

That sounds absolutely perfect Matt. Wonderful. I find flames mesmerising and never thought of using them as a focus for meditation but actually they are perfect aren't they. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meditation/ritual room   Meditation/ritual room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meditation/ritual room
Page 1 of 1