Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

country folk or city slicker

Go down 
+4
Solvo Phasmatis
Logmadr
Sabouki
matt32
8 posters
AuthorMessage
matt32
matt32

country folk or city slicker Empty
PostSubject: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:18 pm

What do you see yourself as im deffinetly in the country club i spent my childhood messing about in barns fields and woodland then had the bright idea to leave home an get a flat in town hated every minute,well 5 years bought a house in worle with massive garden backing onto feilds.But ive still got a deep yearning to get back to the countryside.ive got lovely neighbours but you cant beat looking out your window and seeing nothing but green.
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Well, I've lived in Milton Keynes all my life [i was born in the hospital here, lol MKner!] so ive always lived in a city, albiet a 'new city'.
While i was growing up, MK was still being built up and still is now, so it wasnt much like a CITYcity, if anyone gets my drift? But now its more like a city and i actually love it.
However, when i migrate South to Somerset to see the FagHag I absolutely love the country side as well. I think im definately a 'city slicker' with a hint of 'country bumkin' LMAO
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Forgive me for being stupid but whos the faghag???
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:24 pm

LMAO! im really sorry Matt, im used to typing that now! It Mel, my best friend in Somerset =] Shes a member of the forum and of the Saturday Group.
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:27 pm

Thanks for clearing that up i was thinking thats no way to talk about your mother lol i was seeing an old crone with fag hanging out her gob lol
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:40 pm

matt32 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up i was thinking thats no way to talk about your mother lol i was seeing an old crone with fag hanging out her gob lol

LMAO! Oh, that made me laugh! No that certainly is not my mother, ive been told shes bit of a MILF, so definately no hag!
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:42 pm

LOL i dont know whats worse to call her a faghag or a milf lol
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:56 pm

matt32 wrote:
LOL i dont know whats worse to call her a faghag or a milf lol

well obviously I dont think shes a milf! That just wrong! SHe is damn good looking for her age though!
Back to top Go down
matt32
matt32

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Perhaps you should post a pic on the polls an let the board decide LOL
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Back to the topic guys, I'm sure you two could discuss Sacha's mother somewhere else? LOL

I'm a city slicker and a country as well as a country bunkin...I love being in the city, becuase I love being surrounded by sound and stuff...I hate silence (unless I am sleeping, where I need to be in complete darkness and absolute silence...I even unplug my Sky Box as it whirrs!) but I also love countryside for the scenery...

I am strange!
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Ok...can't comment on the mum bit but I'm definatly a country girl myself. i live in a town, but want move to the country as soon as I can afford it (three weeks past never looking at house prices today). I wouldn't want to live in a village though, too many people wanting to know everyone elses business from my experience. It'd have to be in the middle of nowhere (perhaps a hobbit hole,- I am a shorty! Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:46 pm

You just want a Hobbit hole because I'd be too tall to keep out...but then again, so is Danny!! And I think you're right about the village thing, completely and utterly nosey!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:50 pm

oh i totally know what you mean about the silence to sleep!!! henice why the flat mate situation isn't the greatest.
I'm a bit of both, I love the country, theres nothing like being in the country listening to the birds sing and watching the sun rise.
But i also liek the city well i'm living in one now but compared to london its positivley rural lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:34 pm

If you've ever been to New York City, you'll realise that London IS rural!!

lol So I've been told...
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:55 am

Well personally I cannot stand the city (Weston is alright and I can JUST bear Bristol because of the shops Razz ) and I LOVE the country!!!
IT RULES!!! cheers
Worship Country
lol!

Witch BB Witch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 am

I was born in Aylesbury - a Bucks market town ... my parents owned one of the MANY public houses and my greatest claim to fame is that I was born in a pub!!! We left there and I spent some time in Wembly with my grandparents before moving to join my family.

Basically, I grew up in a very small market town up in the far north-west of England (couldn't get much further before hitting Scotland!) and lived on a housing estate that was owned by Rolls Royce - my father's employer.

We were never more than literally a stone's throw from the wide open country and my best friend's family managed a farm that I spent most of my time at. I absolutely adored working with the cows and chickens. Also mucking around in the barns and silos (wasn't aware of the dangers then! lol).

I have now lived in Weston-super-Mare for 37 years and love it ... a large town with a small town attitude!!! The only draw back is that I married into one of the very few established families in the town so everyone knows everyone-else's business!

I am happy living here, so long as I can get to see the sea at least once every day - but water is definitely my element ... it restores me back to sanity (hold that thought, Tomi!!).

I really do not know how I would categorise myself - more towards country than townie, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:48 am

Would I ever insult you, dear Loony MoonBeam?

Razz NEW PAGAN NAME FOR LOONY!!

Like Silver RavenWo - hold that thought Smile

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:00 pm

A bit of both now.

I was a city 'slicker most' of my life. I didn't see the sea until I was 10 or 11 (the dirty canal or local pond was the closest I got to outdoor water), the only landscapes I ever knew were concrete jungles. We have lived in the centre or near the centre of cities or town most of our live, including in central London.

Up until a few years ago I really loved the countryside but discovered I found the space and lack of noise very disturbing. I'll give you an example - when we got married, as a honeymoon gift a friend let us stay at his huge vacant country residence in Oxfordshire which had it's own land, etc. We turned up on our hineymoon and took our cases into the house. We looked around the place which took a little time and then we sat there looking at each other, smiled, picked up our cases and went straight home! It was beautiful but so quiet that it freaked us both out so much we didn't know what to do.

A few years ago that all changed. We would be able to live very happily in the middle of nowhere now. As it is though, we love living in Weston and have a great view across the sands right across to Uphill and Brean Down. It's idyllic and I don't think we'll ever leave here, although we may buy a second property elsewhere one day.

That's us anyhow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: country folk or city slicker   country folk or city slicker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

country folk or city slicker
Page 1 of 1