Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A sinister rite

Go down 
+4
Dorian
Logmadr
VII
ironwolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:09 pm

This bit of magic can be quite creepy and a little bit sinister. A persons ego is made up of all kinds of chacteristics, good ones such as affection and bad ones such as anger.these emotions protect the ego from pain or sometimes from pleasure. These are the voices within that we communicate with all the time, without knowing it. These are the voices of the inmates in the insane asylum within, known collectively as the ego. "Man know thyself" is one of the tenets of most occult schools, but admitting to yourself that there is something negative about your character is not easy. But we are all made up of love and other emotions like anger etc;here is how to modify your character with a magickal rite that can be quite scary.This is not for fluffy pagans or tree hugging hippies!
The first step is to identify your mr hyde and establish some communication with him. This is easily demonstrated by taking anger as our example. When you begin to get angry start to think about where that thought came from, ask why, get into a dialogue with your angry side. This is not so odd as we talk to ourselves all the time. Give angry a name, look up the name of a demon associated with anger in an old grimoire or make up a name yourself. When you have established communication with this inmate you can now bring him forth and banish him from your asylum.Or at least get a measure of control.
This rite requires a creepy atmosphere, the creepier the better, lonely woods in the dark of night, a creepy old house that smells of rot would be ideal.I suspect for the vast majority doing this at home will have to suffice! Make the atmosphere as sinister as possible, candlelight obviously, a lot of incense so it is slightly overwhelming and some music that fits the bill.I suggest "in the mist"by shape of despair or if you can get it , "the third antichrist" by christian death. You need a large mirror for this as we hope that Mr hyde will appear in it. Its advisable to have a friend present in case things turn a bit odd. the friend must sit away to the side so as not to appear in the mirror. When you have the atmosphere right, sit in front of the mirror and call the name of the inmate. Think about how it makes you feel and concentrate until you establish contact. Now extinguish all of the candles and move closer to the mirror. Demand that the inmate show itself, command it in the name of your god or goddess or by the power of the elements, (make this part of the rite as dramatic as possible), now stare intensely into the mirror, look past your reflection until it begins to change, your inner demon will show itself. When i did this my mate could see it too! If you begin to feel a bit frightened let that feeling prevail as it will encourage the inmate to appear if he thinks he has you at a disadvantage. But stay in control and then speak to it with authority demanding that it stay in its place and not bother you until you allow it to. Speak until you feel you have conquered it and it will disappear , and now you should gain a measure of control over your anger! This rite can be quite scary as there is no control over the appearance of the inmate. It will take on a frightening appearence when it feels threatened, but you, and especially others present should stay in control, the appearence can be unnerving for onlookers as well!!
Afterwards do something mundane, washing the dishes is ideal way of getting back to mormality, but whatever you do get back to normal as soon as possible.
You can tackle all your inmates or inner demons like this! if you intend to carry out this rite send me a private message and i will give some advice if needed.
Remember, expectation and atmosphere are the important ingredients here!
Regarding the music, you can check out "Shape of despair" on youtube, but the Christian death track is hard to get hold of. It is on the "Sex, drugs and Jesus Christ" album. I much prefer the Shape of despair track as it lasts 15 mins, it from their album "Shades of".
If you try this, let us know how you get on!
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Dark... Shocked
A few wee questions (for my own benefit and others):

Do you not need your 'Hyde'-side to balance the 'Jekyll' in you?
Is each 'demon' you confront an embodiment of a certain negative emotion, like one for anger, one for fear, etc., or is the 'demon' an embodiment of all of your 'Hyde' nature?
What are the risks (for example if you can't get back to normality)?
Is it better/safer to do it alone or with others present?
I downloaded the Shape Of Despair track (cool track, by the way), but I assume, depending on the person doing the rite, the music is just a tool for the atmosphere - meaning, any track you find that gets you in that mood should suffice (Akercocke, Emperor, Khanate, Sunn O))), maybe?)?

Last edited by on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:25 pm

It is a question about balance and control, I use the example of anger because it is an emotion which can be hard to control for some. I would treat different aspects of personality seperately because some maybe stronger than others. this sort of self "exploration" can be overwhelming for some people so I would recommend having a friend present.
Use any sort of music that will add to the atmosphere, people have different tastes. I prefer shape of despair because its pretty downbeat and very atmospheric and does'nt intrude on your concentration too much!
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:23 am

This seems like a good little rite, but not one I would try straight away: one needs to be in control of their own emotions of course, but is it necessary for anyone to do this to keep the voices quiet? I believe that when it comes to emotions, magic should not be employed unless absolutely necessary....just my personal opinion of course...

Thank you for sharing your opinion IronWolf...
Back to top Go down
Dorian
Dorian

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 am

My mind kind of did this while I was asleep, creepy darkness, mirror infront, etc, When the other appeared in the mirror it sent a jolt up my spine and through pretty much all of me, then everything went dark and I felt like when you're about to faint (within the dream) and I woke up. And no I didn't initate it, I cannot control my dreams generally, Oh and when I woke up I kinda laid there in fear for awhile...

I suppose its the first thing I could count as a nightmare i've had in ages.
Back to top Go down
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Fear would be a good thing to confront in this type of ritual as long as you stay cool!
There is a similar ritual in which you can use the mirror to manifest your evil twin, If you believe you have one of course.
Back to top Go down
Dorian
Dorian

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:59 pm

It wasn't my fear, it was something else.. which seems odd for me to be scared of as that part is harmless, it could only be bad if it combined with something else... though I do remember two things in the mirror, one short troll like thing in the front and something dark with tendrils in the back, I only saw a glimpse before waking, maybe it was the back thing that I was scared of..

I'd rather not say what my dream was confronting in the mirror in open chat.
Back to top Go down
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Well Dorian if you would like to get another perspective on your experience you can pm me if you want, might be good to get an objective view. I suppose it depends a bit on what you think dreams really are, or what they mean. That would determine how important you feel this experience is.
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:53 pm

How do you do the one with an evil twin? Not that i think i have one or anything.........*shifty eyes*
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 pm

I think i did something like this before.......

basically just being in the bathroom at night with the light off...... or any room with a mirror with the light off, and i lean towards it....... staring into my own eyes....... then i just feel... weird so i move off haha
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Aurora wrote:
How do you do the one with an evil twin? Not that i think i have one or anything.........*shifty eyes*
of course you don't have one you are one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Aurora
Aurora

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Hahah nice one solvo. Yeah I used to look in the mirror really hard imgaining all the worse things there were inside me until my face became really contorted and demon like and then I got scared and ran away because I was only ickle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 pm

hmm sounds interesting...
Is it like when you did that spider thing on Yule?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Interesting ritual, though not one I think i would try unless necessary. I am again of the view that the other parts of you (anger etc) are important aspects that make up who you are and you should try to except that rather than change it. Though they may not be seen as 'positive' by some, I think in a way they are (they serve a valid purpose that i don't think should be ignored). However, I can see that this would be a helpful tool in dealing with a specific problem with emotional control if one arised. Thanks for sharing Ironwolf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Like a lot of magical rites, this is just a form of therapy with props, and with you as patient and therapist. This can help if you feel certain feelings are getting the better of you and you need a quick fix. An example would be if you were getting unreasonably jelous, it could prevent the situation from getting worse. The more thorough your preperation is the better the results will be.
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 5:31 pm

A quick fix wont last though, especially when it comes to dealing with the mind. If there are problems that are making you lose control of your emotions then the cause needs to be found and dealt with rather than attempting to simply mask the symtoms. For example, jealousy is usually a symtom of either distrust of the partner or low self asteem. These problems would have to be acknowledged and worked on if the relationship is ever going to be worth squat.

Edit: I think I went a bit off topic at the end there but I hope you get my point.
Back to top Go down
ironwolf

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:48 am

Not a lot of people would analyse themselves in order to find the root cause, or have the ability to be brutally honest with themselves.
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 am

I think the ritual IS a way to dig deeper into yourself and analyse the situation though, I wouldn't see the ritual as a short term surpression but really self exploration and dealing with emotions or possibly 'characters' that have arisen due to past influences. x
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Good points both. I suppose that for people who were unable/unwilling to look deeper through conventional methods this sort of activity would be of great help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A sinister rite Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sinister rite   A sinister rite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sinister rite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: Magick and Spellcrafting-
Jump to: