Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question about church law (Dogma

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zephron
Zephron

A question about church law (Dogma Empty
PostSubject: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 pm

I have been thinkning about church law, specifically Catholic Dogma.

I don't know the specifics of it my self which is why im posting this because im sure some of you are more knowledgeable about it than I.

Dogmatic law i thought was the idea that what the church holds true on Earth God will hold true in Heaven (am i right so far) Also I think im right in saying that God is infalible, he connot be proven wrong.

So that would also mean taht the church cannot be proven wrong, yes???
And yet often the church makes mistakes. im not talking about errors of judgment that we think they have made but mistakes addmitted by the Church itself.

I was thinking about this after watching Joan of Arc. She was burned as a heretic, and yet 500 hundred years later was canonized. Would you take this as an admonishin of wrong judgement. How can you saint a woman you have first convicted of being heretical.

Does this make sense to you?? If it doesn't i wont be surprised it doesn't all make sense to me and i wrote the thing. lol!

This isn't an argument against either God or really the Church im just trying to understand Dogmatic law. Any thoughts have a missed a glaring flaw in my argument.

Thanks

Simon
Back to top Go down
Grimnir

PostSubject: Re: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Can't really answer that I'm afraid. Sounds like a Jay and Silent Bob flick though
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 am

OMG!!!! I love that film. Does anyone else think that Alanis Morrissette was the perfect choice to play God? I mean, her voice does that in real life too......
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 am

The church, like the bible, contradicts it's self, alot! lol!
However many christians find, or try to find, loopholes in these contridicitions. If they are unable to find any they do one of two things:
1. admit they were wrong
or
2. make a loophole and hope no one really challenges them.

well that is my thoughts anyway...
Witch BB Witch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Zephron
Zephron

PostSubject: Re: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:10 pm

That film is amazing i agree and really well done (my fav. of all the Jay and silent Bob)

Thanks Era thats pretty much what i thought but i wanted to make sure u hadn't misunderstood Dogma, and it appears i havn't. Wow i understood something yay me lol!

Simon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about church law (Dogma   A question about church law (Dogma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about church law (Dogma
Page 1 of 1