Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the origins of the religions ...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Jaska

the origins of the religions ... Empty
PostSubject: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:50 am

my friend sent me this video on myspace (was banned on youtube) about.... well, how religeon is a lie where all the main parts are from constelations etc.... but the video did sparked some of my interest, i showed it to aoife... was longer than expected 9mins >_<, they flesh parts out...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22798180

anyway, from the end, i was thinking perhaps pagan or egyptian is the closest anyone can get to a true 'god'
I dont beleive in something called god, but i do beleive there is matter outside our sight and reach.
i am more a scientific person, and even scientists are beleiving that there is some kind of god due to finetuning of everything.
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Jaska wrote:
my friend sent me this video on myspace (was banned on youtube) about.... well, how religeon is a lie where all the main parts are from constelations etc.... but the video did sparked some of my interest, i showed it to aoife... was longer than expected 9mins >_<, they flesh parts out...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22798180

anyway, from the end, i was thinking perhaps pagan or egyptian is the closest anyone can get to a true 'god'
Hi Jaska, I was looking for this thread related to the other thread called Jesus+Mithras. I thought Era posted it, my error. Smile

Unfortunately the link isn't there anymore but there are several other sources on the internet that have a similar message posted. I know this is an old thread but I never noticed your last comment before: -

Jaska wrote:

i am more a scientific person, and even scientists are beleiving that there is some kind of god due to finetuning of everything.
What you are describing sounds like the philosophy of deism (it's not a religion!), just thought I'd mention it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Julia Oakmoon
Julia Oakmoon

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 am

I know I'm always banging on about books but I've just read Karen Armstrong's The Great Transformation in which she covers the origins of world religions. It's way too long for me to summarise but it's fascinating and has become one of my favourites

Julia
Back to top Go down
http://www.paganfederationwessex.com
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:57 am

have to look that up Julia. Thanks fo rthe tip! Hope you are well, I gaven't been around for a while but am back in full force again.
Back to top Go down
karmareel
karmareel

PostSubject: yeah...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Well that video sums up alot about the structure of religion, but
doest answer its original question, from this video "Jesus","god" do exist,
but only as text ,not in actual context from religion.
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm

I personally dont beleive in a single or multiple set of gods... only the existance of something of an uncontrollable yet precise nature.
.... i guess only chaos can sum that up
However, a true god cannot exist as anything in a textual matter, as it is indeed everything.
if you understand what im on about lol
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Jaska wrote:
I personally dont beleive in a single or multiple set of gods... only the existance of something of an uncontrollable yet precise nature.
.... i guess only chaos can sum that up
I feel the same except for the uncontrollable and chaos bit (and the fact that I don't like the use of the word 'god' for anything other than a way of shouting something when I stub my toe), but then again there's nothing to ever say whatever it is would not be that. I'm easy about it either way to be honest. Laughing

Jaska wrote:

However, a true god cannot exist as anything in a textual matter, as it is indeed everything.
if you understand what im on about lol
Sorry Jaska, I don't understand this bit and if you get a chance it would be interesting to hear what you mean by it. Smile You know me, always love to learn about everything!
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:45 am

well, when you say god, you automatically think of the idea of a being that has created the universe and everything in it. but its not, its time space, thought , conscious and unconscious, relativity, energy. but it cant be just that. it is much much more, and when we say god, we dont usually include everything we dont know, until we know it.
A single word or set of words cannot fit the description of a 'god-being'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the origins of the religions ...   the origins of the religions ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the origins of the religions ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: General Discussions-
Jump to: