Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear God(s).....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:37 am

(Wasn't sure where to put this)

Dear God(s),
I'm done shouting at you now...er...sorry about that.
I'm still not ok, but life is moving on very quickly around me and so I suppose I should continue to move with it. I can't believe it was only yesteday morning.

I don't understand why people die, or why you had to let Henry deteriorate quite to fast, and I'm not sure I want to. To quote Joss Whedon "It's stupid and mortal". But I accept that that's the way it is.

I have some regrets - I should have got to know him better, and I should have gone to that stupid evening meal last week. I could have persuaded my parents to get someone else to babysit Katharine and then I would have seen him.
But I'm also glad of lots of things. Like that time we drew round him in the David and Goliath story. And when we made him dress up as a catapillar, and that joke with the cows that just got funnier and funnier every time he said it, until we got to the actual performance and we all craked up on stage. I even heard someone say yesterday, "At least he got to be a christingle". That should be used as his epitaph. Not many people get to dress up as a giant orange in their lifetime.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be mentioning him in my prayers anymore. I'll be praying for Louise - I can't imagine how she must be feeling. Afterall, Henry's fine now.

Lizzie

- In memory of Henry Say who died of cancer early sunday morning, and in sympathy for his wife, Louise, who's going though a pain I can't begin to understand.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Logmadr

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:45 am

I am truly sorry to hear that Henry died. My sympathies to you, your family, and Mrs. Say.

Again, my condolences.
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:51 am

Please accept my sincere condolences, which go to you, your family, Henry's widow and everyone else who was fortunate enough to have known him.

May Henry rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that Lizzie, but glad to hear your doing better. My heart goes out to those effected by the loss and hope they find comfort in the life he lived (being a giant orange is quite an achievement).
I hope all those hurt find peace in their own way x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:45 am

Thanks all muchly. (ok, looking at that my quirky grammer has reached a new low)

Small update - I went to Henry's funeral on friday. It was very emotonal for all there (and there were lot's of people, they had to put extra chairs in the church - there wasn't enough room in the pews!) and Louise seems to be coping as well as can be expected. She's staying with family, bu hopefully returning home later this week. The service was very much Henry's; laughs were had, and as the family lead us out of the church for the burial, the theme to Match of the Day was played. lol. He would have thought it was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Oobe

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:07 pm

So sorry to hear of this, and your loss.

It's never an easy time, and you seem to be dealing with things as well as can be. Keeping in mind the positive things is good, even if it is hard right now. Things will get better, slowly, but thet will.

I'll send some nice thoughts your way, and to everyone else involved.

My condolances to all.

Regards

Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear God(s)..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear God(s).....   Dear God(s)..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear God(s).....
Page 1 of 1