Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Requesting Advise/Assistance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

Requesting Advise/Assistance Empty
PostSubject: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 am

Ok...Due to a series of unfortunate events, I am in search of a new job. No I haven't quit either of the ones I have, nor am I getting fired from either. The main one as Baker is turning into ...well it's difficult to describe. Even though I'm doing a great job, I have a person above me who is out for my job it seems. I can't explain it any other way without going into huge detail. Either way, I'm exhausted, depressed and generally unhappy to the point it's not good for my health any longer. I've figured if I can find a job that pays about $12.50 per hour, I can drop both jobs and have 1 good paying job with benefits and get rid of the one that is causing so much grief and the other that is exhausting me.
I wanted so desperately to love this new job that I think I set myself up for failure even though I'm not the one who has done it.
So last night, I applied for a job online at Flying J Truck Stop *a nationwide chain in the US* in the resturant as the assistant manager. If I get it, I will almost double my wages currently and I will more than triple my wages that I used to get at my old job! Full benefits among other things available. I have the qualifications, I've done the job before but it's been over 20 years! The only thing that will prove a small challenge is the paper work involved, but it won't take me long to get it back. I am asking for advise on this, as well as assistance for good thoughts and any other......Help! that can be had. I need these people to have faith that I can do the job with my experiences and hire me. I NEED to get out of my current situation..........WITH JOB INTACT FIRST! *see not leaving anything open ended!* I want the better wages. I want to have a better life and still have piece of mind and something left for my family at the end of the day. I'm good at what I do and just need a break!
Can any of ya'll help me?! Put good thoughts and other's patiences into action for me.
The Company I've applied for told me today they received my resume and the manager will be calling me for an interview on Friday June 6. Can you put anything into action by then?
I'm asking for help...The kind I can assist myself in, but can do so much more with the help of my friends/family.
What I am doing right now is going to make me sick if I keep up the hours and stress level I'm working at. I can't continue the way I am. I also can't continue with no job intact first. So I'm putting this into the wind for the Gods and Goddesses...I need a job that pays at least $12.50 per hour, 40 - 50 hours a week at least and most, Something within my comfort range but taxing me a bit so I can grow and learn more to make me a better person, a more well rounded person. I also want to like what I'm doing, who I work for and who I work with, within reason *i don't expect to love every aspect, nor everyone I work with* I want this company to give me a break that I deserve and need to do a great job for them.
Anything I've missed? Let me know! Put that into the wind for me too
Hugs,
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:01 pm

For you my dear, I will make it possible! I assure you, by tomorrow, I'll have something prepared so you can at least increase your already high chances of getting this job...

I still remember your faith in me getting my current position as a reporter, and I've the same faith in reciprocation!!!

I'll prepare something and PM it to you, and I'll try and do something myself to help!!

GOOD LUCK!!! We're all here with you....
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Indeed ... we are all here to help. I have seen what Logmadr has put together ... 'tis good!!!

I will put my thoughts out to the universe for you and keep the energies flowing until (at least) 6 June 2008.

Please do let us know what happens and know that my thoughts are with you (also to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you Mama!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Your thoughts and energies are greatly appreciated! I'm so honored and thrilled! I have good feelings about this. I sent the resume online last night and my daughter and I went up there for breakfast this morning and they had already pulled my resume off line and said I would be getting an interview and a call by friday! I'm trying not to get myself too wound up about it and sabatoge myself as I tend to do. I just don't want to jinx myself.
I'll gather as much of the product as possible tonight and have it ready for tomorrow and will be saying my "blessing" before 7 p.m. my time tomorrow night as that is when I have to be in bed for my job.
You two are so much a blessing in my life, thank you so much.
Hugs a bunch
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:25 am

A little late, and i dont know if this is enough, but recently i created a potion for supressing negetivity around the workplace and bringing success into the work -

dilute lavander oil, crushed fennel, very small clippings of ginger and a couple drops of dragon blood ink.
shake up in a bottle and use like standard perfume...
i used the 10ml bottles you get with dripper thingys.,.. it smells nice, until you take that off lolol
but i got tipped for first time last week if thats any help Razz
good luck in your work whatever you do (i personally would take the one wich is most comfortable, not pay way)
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:38 am

For what it is worth.............!
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW!
General Manager called and requested an interview so Tuesday at 10 a.m. right after work I'll be going!
Her exact words ...*I'm VERY interested in you!*
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
We shall see!
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 am

Nicely done Stormy! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Honestly, that is brilliant news!!!!
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Yay - I am sooooooo pleased for you ... will be sending bucketloads of positive energy in your direction.
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks again everyone for all the good thoughts!
I had my interview today... du du duhhhnnnnnnnnn
It went very well. I filled out a background check today and she faxed it in. You don't fill out background checks if you aren't considered for the job! *grins impishly*
I have to wait an excruciating 24-48 hours to find out what it says!
If that all comes back good then I go to the second phase of hiring process a drug test.
NOW DON'T FREAK! That will be the easy part! Squeeky clean here! Angel
The General Manager said she was impressed enough with me on paper, and then in person that if anything comes back derogatory she will let me explain circumstances and she will still hire me! The only thing I'm concerned about is the company does a credit check as well and my credit hasn't been the greatest in the world but I've pretty much cleaned up all of those problems. Most of them were caused by my ex-husband and can be accounted for.
I'm trying REALLY hard not to bounce off the walls for the next 2 days!
K I really gotta bounce off here for now
Have a great day everyone
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:17 am

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you Storm, you've got this job, I can FEEEEL it!!!! Seriously, congrats, it's bloody marvellous!!!

Woop woop for the Mama!!!
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Storm ... I am so very happy for you and, like Logmadr, I have an extremely positive feeling about this opportunity.

I will continue to send positive energy in your direction.
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Thank you both soooooo much.
Like you both, I have a very good feeling about this. The general manager basically told me I have the job, I just have to wait for the preliminaries to prove that I"m worthy.
IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

We had a power outage today at work Shocked
It was HORRIBLE! 4 hours without power and I'm a BAKER! So I ran around helping all the other departments get the freezer and cooler sections covered with plastic and then I helped the produce department load up EVERYTHING in shopping buggies and rolled them into the lobby where the doors were open. Oh and BTW, IT SNOWED! So It was cold enough to keep the produce happy but too warm for the coolers and freezers LOL
It was a CRAZY day.
Hope this finds all well.
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: UPDATE!   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Ok, I've jumped through one more hoop to getting the new job! I had to write a letter of explaination to some things that have happened in my past to allow me to not have perfect credit. The General Manager read my letter and said it was "FANTASTIC"!
We shall see!
More to follow...............hopefully when I get off work tomorrow!
I'm really hoping to get the call during work so I can tell my boss to..........well..........
accept my 2 week notice! *that's really what I was thinking!*** Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
Really!

Hugs
Mama Storm

P.S. Loggy me boy....how is work going?
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:28 am

Storm ... that is absolutely wonderful news - I am continuing to send bucketloads of positive energy in your direction.

I KNOW this will work out for you and I sincerely hope you REALLY enjoy handing your notice to your manager!!!

Please keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Ok another update!
One more hurdle jumped and have spent the past 36 hours finding answers and adjusting things in my credit report but when I went into the new job today to talk with the manager she told one of her other managers in front of me she was hiring me Shocked Smile So...............Without jinxing myself too far, I think I have a new job!
I will advise further I hope by the first part of next week!@
Hugs
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

That is absolutely wonderful news - well done ... looking forward to the next update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Advise/Assistance   Requesting Advise/Assistance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Requesting Advise/Assistance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: General Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: