Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storm's New Job!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Hello to all my Moot Family!
ok insert appologies here as usual! I started my new job 2 weeks ago today. I am going to just start in here and tell about it!
I average about 50 hours a week. That is what I'm supposed to work, though with restuarant work, it's a guideline! I am usually about 55 hours on average with training and everything going on. For those that don't know, I am a manager in a Flying J Truck Stop restuarant. We are an international chain of plazas that include a restuarant, convience store, fuel store, truck center and motel. I am a manager in the restuarant portion. I've spent the past 2 weeks in training, where I am learning EVERY section of the business. Right now I am learning about the Buffet cooking and making sure the buffet remains stocked with good, hot food!
Next I go to line cooking affraid which is like short order cooking and I don't mind saying I'm a bit intimidated by it! It is the ONLY section that I have NO experience with. When I'm finished with training, I will be the Front of the House Manager and eventually start training to become the General Manager's 1st Assistant *that's a good thing!*
And after about 6 months when the rest of my training is finished, I will start being groomed to become a General Manager and be able to take over my own Plaza!
*that's a good thing also!*
I'm absolutely loving what I'm doing! Some of the crew is testing me at every corner, trying to push my patience but for the most part, The crew is awesome and they are finding out that I'm not a typical "manager". I WORK! What a concept it seems!
I'm off today and tomorrow and WOW! that is a good feeling! Though, I don't have any oomph to get anything done except check my email and post here!
So on that note, I guess I should get some laundry done! It's good to be here again and hopefully ya'll will see a bit more of me!
Hugs to all my Moot Family!
Mama Storm!
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:21 pm

What awesome news!

It's so good to see so many good things happen for you, especially after a period of uncertainty so it must be an additional boost. Smile

Your future looks fabulous and I don't even have any foresight. How very, very exciting. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:18 am

Very Happy
Thank you for the nice words Ook and it's wonderful to see you posting again!
Yes, it seems my world is finally going the direction I've wanted it to for some time. The insurance for this new company isn't what I had with the old one, but it IS insurance and that is the important part! It's Good insurance, just a bit more than I was paying...lol um...I guess I can afford it though! *can you tell I'm not used to saying that?!*
The other benefits of this company soooo far outweigh the other benefits though, it's unreal. This company is an employee owned Oil company...in this day and age of high fuel prices, can you imagine what that means for us as employees?! After I've been there a year, the company starts buying stocks in my name for the company...to the tune of about $12,000 per year, that is without me matching anything. I can add to that if I wish, but they just do that on their own. After I've been with them for 5 years, that figure goes up and then again at 8, 10 and 15 years!
I'm pretty excited about what the future holds with the company alone, not the added benefits included, but they help make my future look a bit rosier in the long haul!
We also get added fuel credits when we buy fuel, but I'm not certain what that entails yet. Looking forward to finding out though!
How are things going for you in your new job and company?
Hope to hear soon!
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:45 am

Yay Mama - go you. I am so very happy to hear the excellent news that things are going so brilliantly for you ... not before time.

The company sound as if they are genuinely caring and lookig out for the welfare of their employees - a rarity in this day and age of dog-eat-dog!!!

Please do keep us up-to-date with your superb progress ... Oh and enjoy your leisure time
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:36 pm

What a great package! I have to say that I have noticed a distinct change in employment packages in the UK over the past couple of years. In some ways more companies are providing additional perks to keep employees but I am seeing more companies offering less (or lesser) benefits in favour of a higher basic salary. It's an interesting move and a reflection of the confidence in the economy (or lack of confidence should I say) in my humble opinion. I'm not sure what to think of it at the moment, we'll see.

My new job is great. I am settling in very quickly and hope that I am already a contributing memn=ber to the global team. I'm off to Russia in a couple of weeks os that will bei nteresting - I find the language fascinating and am keen to learn more about the culture. Interesting stuff!

Like Lunar Craft said, please do keep us in touch with what you are doing, it's great to hear how well things are going. Smile
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Ook, it was great to see you earlier today and to see you looking so well.

Likewise, please keep us informed about how your job goes ... particularly the trip to Russia - what a great opportunity!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm

One of my flying visits as usual. Laughing

I'll certainly keep you updated. It was good to see Annie, Lizzie and yourself again. You all looked fab as always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storm's New Job! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's New Job!   Storm's New Job! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm's New Job!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: General Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: