Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Here I am again, writing about things I know too much about and wish I knew less and less. This morning at 11:15 a.m. I had to help my little man Odie Daniel go on to the summerland. He was having seizures for the past 4 months and we thought he had epelipsy and found out this morning that he had brain tumors. So I made the decision to end his life so he wouldn't be suffering any more.
When I came home, the city flag was half mast. I think that is very appropriate that the rest of the world mourns with us today.
He didn't deserve any of what he got. We brought happiness to the last 7 months and 8 days of his life. He helped us to heal from the loss of his mama.
See you someday my lil man. I love you and I miss you.
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:28 pm

My sincerest and deepest condolences to you and yours. Crying or Very sad

A true loss to this world and a benefit to the next no doubt. Smile May all his pain be gone forever.
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 pm

Thank You Ook. Odie was a blessing in so many ways in this life and he will help so many in the future. He was the puppy of my familiar. He was born unresponsive in my lap 3 1/2 years ago and it was my breath he lived with. It was my heartbeat he laid on after he was born. It was my "fault" he survived as long as he did. If I wanted to beat myself up I would say it is my fault he survived the abuse he did from the family that bought him. But...it was my fault he had the past 7 months and 8 days of happiness. And the first 2 months of happiness. We are the ones that rescued him. Showed him what unconditional love was all about and what LIFE with happiness is. I loved that little man with all my heart and he knew it.
Thank you again
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Stormy I really feel your pain, I wondered why you were quiet, and this explains it... I hope you feel better soon... *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Sorry for the silences. Work is crazy, but LOVING it! Then with the home stuff going on trying to get Odie's meds regulated and we never did. We averaged at least 1 seizure a week ranging up to 6 or 7. Now I know why. I knew something more was going on but I couldn't get anyone to believe me or do anything. They just kept saying "be patient. let the meds work" well, they never did. So the little guy suffered needlessly. Though His quality of life was good when he wasn't having seizures. He played hard and snuggled lots with us. Was a viable part of our lives....for far too short a time.
Hugs and thanks Loggy.
Doing ok today. Not great, but better. Odie came to visit last night...had a few bites of food and we saw his waggy tail out of the corner of our eyes. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I want to believe he came to say he was ok and feeling AWESOME!
*shrugs* who knows.
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

I personally do not want to believe it is just wishful thinking. Smile
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Oh Mama - my heart goes out to you and apologise for the lateness of expressing my condolences.

I want to send you some massively big hugs to you and your family to support you all during this painful time.

{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}

Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:43 pm

Thank you again Ook. I agree...no wishful thinking. Our other dog Onyx kept looking around and wagging her tail like Odie was around us. They used to play hard. She misses him terribly and she is showing some signs of depression, but hoping that works itself out in a short time. Am working with her.

Lunar, Thank you so much for your big hugs! They are always welcomed. We are getting better every day. Every day brings a bit of sadness and a bit of sunshine. Hoping the sadness diminishes sooner than later because he Was soooo sick and put on such a sunny little face most the time. *sighs sadly* Just wish I could have done more for him.
Question for you Lunar, do you think there was something going on in me that he somehow took? Considering my health issues and such. Everytime I worked on him trying to help him with his *epilepsy* he would have another seizure, usually worse than the one before. Did he help Me? or again, is that romantic thinking?
I know stranger things have happened in my world.
Storm
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:02 am

Mama - you are very welcome to a few of my hugs ... hope they help a little.

As for romantic thinking ... hmmmm ... I am sure that Odie took a little bit of you each time you helped him ... just the same as you took a little of him - his way of repaying you for your care and help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008   Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flags Half Mast Sept 2, 2008
Page 1 of 1