Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stress busters

Go down 
+2
Aoife
Ook!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 pm

So, what would you recommend for those amongst us that suffer from stress? affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Lavendar. Lots of Lavendar. Very Happy Especially if it affects your sleep patterns.

Camomile, sandalwood and (for some people) musk are all good if you want to relax but don't want to be sent to sleep.

If you want the 'breath of fresh air' kind of unwinding, ginger or orange are good for clearing your head a bit.

On a less herb/oil type note, the smell of a roast dinner (I know that sounds random) or carrying a piece of amythyst can work wonders. If the stress affects your health then carry fluorite as well.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Chardeian
Chardeian

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:48 pm

To de-stress after work, I love a bath with Neroli, Rose and Cajeput. They're not necessarily a proper combination of notes, but I love the smell when they are combined.

I'd just suggest stick to the smells you like, then mix 'n' match. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Sounds interesting, I have to admit I've never even heard of two of those. Are these oils? Forgive my ignorance. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chardeian
Chardeian

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Sorry yeah   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

They are...Neroli comes from oranges, cajeput is a herb (it smells like a combination of rosemary, camphor, and cardamon).

I just happen to live around the corner from a brilliant aromatherapy shop. They have shelves and shelves full of essential oils. It's heavenly...
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm

Hmmm, sounds good. Will have to try that for certain. Thanks for the tip - not that I stressed in any way of course! affraid affraid affraid rabbit
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Stress? What that? *sits rocky in the corner*

I like to use a combination of lavender, geranium, clary sage and rose. An aromatherapist friend of my mums recommended them to me when I was going through a particularly bad spot. I've also use them with a sweet almond base oil to create a massage oil so if you can get someone to give you one I find it really relaxing (and if it doesn't help your stress, at least you got a free massage! Wink )
I did have one of those stress ball things but I got a bit too stressed and ripped off it's head! I do have a set of Komboloi (worry beads) which I find help (though again I'm on my second one!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Logmadr

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Mel where've you been? We need to catch up!!
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:08 am

Hey Loggy boy, long time no see! I've been in Turkey with the family and still trying to find work. We really need to catch up! This is not the thread for it though! Send me PM and we'll sort something out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Aloysia
Aloysia

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Yes, definitely clary sage and chamomile, but also Roman chamomile if you can afford it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stress busters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stress busters   Stress busters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stress busters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: Aromatherapy and Herbalism-
Jump to: