Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edwin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 am

Before I continue with this post, I feel that I shoudl share that I truly believe creative, artistic and crafting activities are magickal in their own right because something new and special is made, often from nothing.

Working from this premise, Annie and I wanted to mark the birthday of a very good friend, who has been incredibly supportive and encouraging of us, particularly since Ken's death earlier this year. However, we could not afford to buy something special for him. The only option was to create something that was unique to us and to Pete ... this led to the birth of Edwin. To this day, we cannot explain where the name came from but Edwin he became and still is.

Our friend is a professional photographer who always has a banana for his lunch and (on a good day) buys us doughnuts to cheer us up!!! When you see the picture below, you will realise the significance of this paragraph!!

Edwin Edwin-fullMB

In addition to including the items above, Edwin's attire was created to match Pete's clothing - the black and grey striped top, jeans and even the white shoes with the lime green band around!!

The absolute amazement on Pete's face when Edwin appeared out of the wrapping paper was magickal in itself. He went from being puzzled to then noticing the personalisation and he was almost in tears. In fact, he left the shop to return to his studio and stayed there for some time before returning in a more composed state.

We now, regularly, get reports about what Edwin is doing and how he is looking after Pete!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:52 am

I know Pete quite well, and Edwin and him could have been separated at birth!! The style, the shoes and ESPECIALLY the doughnut!!

A lot of effort went into this, and you can just see every stitch was made with love!!

Sarah and Annie, I thee congradulate!!

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

What an amazing gift - so thoughtful and full of love. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:51 am

Its sooo cute! i love it! beautifully made =]
Back to top Go down
Evie

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 7:58 am

What a grand and Priceless gift. cheers This project/craft is a brilliant idea and reflects so much love. Edwin is adorable, hugable and very lovable. I"d love to meet the man who wears white running shoes with green trim and laces.... I am sure he felt special to recieve this. I would Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:02 am

Hehe I have a knitted witch from my nan when I was little! how ironic! x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edwin   Edwin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edwin