Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orbs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Annie
Admin
Admin
Annie

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:00 pm

A few weeks ago I went on a college trip to London where we visited the Houses of Parliament. Whilst I was in Westminster Hall I took a photograph of my friend. When I got home and looked at the picture and saw that there was an orb. None of the other pictures that I took there had orbs on them and I was wondering what Merry Moot members thought caused orbs to appear?

Here is the photo that I took, so that you can see the orb for yourself.

Edit: I have just looked at the picture and I have noticed some fainter orbs behind my friend.

Orbs? 100_0532
Back to top Go down
http://www.merrymoot.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:08 pm

Sorry to say Annie but I think this is a light flare on the lens. Light gets reflected off things and causes this effect. Gina is a photographer and we've had this appear in the oddest of places.

Orbs of light from a supernatural point of view are not something I have personally witnessed although I know of one person who has seen the infamous ball of fire that has been described througout history as floating balls of flame that slowly move through the air.
Back to top Go down
Annie
Admin
Admin
Annie

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:41 am

I agree that it could be lens flare, but I am interested as to what other members think that it may be and if they have any interesting pictures to share. So what do other people think that orbs are?

As an aside, I think I have seen actual balls of light, often out of the corners of my eyes. I suppose it could potentially be something else, but I have tried to explain it as some other phenomenon, but I can't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.merrymoot.co.uk
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 am

Actually, I have seen the photographs that were taken either side of this photo and there are no "orbs" in those ... so that would rule out dust on the lens, in my opinion. Also, the photograph following the one displayed by Annie above was taken almost immediately afterwards and from the same position (a virtually identical photograph) but there were no anomalies on that one at all.

It is probably going to remain one of life's mysteries, but it would be good to hear other people's opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Dorian
Dorian

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm

It really could just be a simple light trick, a reflection or refraction or whatever it may be, the thing of taking two identical pictures doesn't really work out in practical terms due to the constant movement.

I think one thing that would be good would be to get several pictures and compare the orbs.. checking colour and size is something i'd do also looking at what common features the areas share.

And there's also the wikipedia route (Yey wikipediiaaa)

Backscatter in photography - Summary, dust reflects flash and makes orbs, check it out for yourself if you wanna, its just Backscatter for the article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbs?   Orbs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orbs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: Paranormal and Unexplained-
Jump to: