Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reincarnation Trap...

Go down 
+2
Solvo Phasmatis
Logmadr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Logmadr

The Reincarnation Trap... Empty
PostSubject: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:02 am

After reading a letter submitted by a reader for in Psychic News (Issue Number 3956, 31st May '08 ) I was utteraly dumfounded at their blatent arrogance! They were stating how reincarnation isn't proven or have any scientific basis (this is a man who thinks he could speak to Elvis if he tried...) and that people who DO believe in reincarnation are idiots, basically.

So I ask you: Do YOU believe in reincarnation of the soul? Do you believe that we have more than one life, that we are all just dust when we die? Do you believe we come back as the wind, the tree? Do you believe we come back as humans? I would love everyone's views on this.

My own views: Through experience, I've come to believe strongly in reincarnation. I believe that once we die, we go to a place called the Summerland (basically, the Garden of Eden where all things start and all things end).Once we have learned everything we could've leaned from our previous life, we move on to the next. We only come back as human, as (another of my personal beliefs) animals don't have souls: they have spirits, the life energy within them, but not souls...

Again, i would love to hear what people have to say about this.

Loggy

Last edited by Logmadr on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 am

I personally don't believe we are reincarnated as another person/animal in the traditional sense but see no reason that such a belief should be dismissed. Stating that it has no scientific basis is completely superfluous as no spiritual beliefs do (that's why they're beliefs not facts!) Every belief takes a leap of faith and if you want to be a complete empiricist then there is nothing to prove it doesn't happen. I personally belief that our energy/soul/spirit (whatever you want to call it) is scattered through the elements when we die. Energy does not cease to exist it is merely transformed into another medium. This energy can then be found anywhere and then there is no reason why it would not become part of another person in the future, I just don't think we stay as one identity.

Side-note: I did have an interesting discussing with a friend recently on the subject of past lives. For those of you who are interested in Science you will know that water has a memory (for those of you that aren't, it does!). Water does not actually ever leave the Earth. Like energy it simply transforms into other states. Taking these points and that we are made of around 90% water a possible explanation for the memory of past lives occurs. Of course scientifically water simply remembers chemical make-ups on a molecular level but does that not leave the possibility that whenever water is part of a person and then leaves that person, that it takes the knowledge of that experience with them? I have no answer, just simply thought it was an interesting thesis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:54 am

I do believe in it, but in the context of which Solvo describes above. I call that reincarnation. Energy is a strange thing and could very well contain past personality and information, etc. I've always thought I was either a cat or a dog in a past life; I have an accurate and powerful sense of smell, my hearing's not too bad either, I can comfortabley leap up stairs like a quadraped, I'm almost solely carnivorous, I have a powerful bite (literally - I used to bite through wooden chairs!) but I'm playful and more to the point I'm a scruffy, lop-eared, flea-bag who's been badly house-trained (I would advise anyone to check their slippers before they put them on)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 am

Whoa. Nice big replies, good to see you still remember what MerryMoot is Razz Seriously, guys, brilliant...

As for the flea bag Danny, it's very interesting about the past life being a dog, it would certainly make sense for you being attracted to The Bitch Mel Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Logmadr
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Oh I'm the bitch? Well that's seems contrary to experience (and your bumper sticker!) So what were you in a previous life then? Genghis Khan? Hitler? Well you'd have to have done something pretty awful to come back looking like that! Razz Finger Razz
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:30 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl Mel, that is an absolutely brilliant post (I daren't say "How true" though!!!!) ... but, there again ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm Rubber, You're Glue, If I Was Hitler, I Hope You Were A Jew....

Sorry, I just made that up...and nyeh!!!
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Hahaha Genghis Khan....ahhh that brings back memories.

Anyway, I'm a definite believer in reincarnation, I saw a glimpse of something once and that for me confirmed my beliefs about it.

I've also met a few people in my life that feel....different is the best way to put it. They stand out a little bit more than other people do and you feel a connection with them. This is different to just getting along with someone, this is when you met someone... and to me they seem more real than anyone else.......probably just me being a socio-path hehe.

One example of someone I've found like that is my best friend Claire and after everything we've been through together I still get that feeling we're met to be close and we're always gonna be there for each other, and its that feeling of 'realness' that has really made me fight to keep her as a friend Smile

Go reincarnation!

Oh and I don't believe that its one life per lesson I believe that people can get off of the path their meant to learn from and they don't learn the 'optimum' that they can, and some lessons will take a good few goes to get it well learnt.
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 am

That's one of the things I particularly didn't like about reincarnation: 'once people have learnt all they can from that life they move on'. How does that work? What did babies or children manage to learn then? And older people that have lost all function but don't move on? Doesn't quite add up to me.
Back to top Go down
ButterflyDancer
ButterflyDancer

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:33 am

For me i do believe in reincarnation and i think the word has different meanings for different people as you can see from the replies of this thread.

For me i believe that everything has a soul and everthing will be reincarnated in one way or another. It doesnt matter how or what they "come back" as but all will eventually and i think that we dont get to choose.

I dont kow where this belief has sprung from, i like to believe that it is something that i have found comfort in in times of need, knowing that even though people and others have gone they will come back again. I think, like for me, the aspect of reincarnation has become something people can believe in for that comfort but i also believe that i like to think that life isnt just the end when we die. There is no way we can learn everything in this life or past lives and so we just keep returning to learn, love and so on.

xXx

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.viccwiccwicca.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation Trap...   The Reincarnation Trap... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reincarnation Trap...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: General Discussions-
Jump to: