Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stainless

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Jaska

stainless Empty
PostSubject: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:12 am

ok.... i was listening to this song named the soulforge, based upon Raistlin from Dragonlance, who was in the end swallowed by his thirst for power... the lyrics i noted out are as follows

Spoiler:

These lyrics were picked out as a reflection of myself, throught what others see, and what I think.
Following that and an argument/convosation i had with my friend the previous night, i came up with my own thoughts... we have all wanted power for various reasons, mainly due to greed.
Perhaps this is unrelated to the following, but it linked in somehow wth my train of thoughts Razz

Society sees it wrong for people to beleive they are perfect.
A sign for someone who is 'accepting' says "no-one is perfect".
Along with this are the straight-laced ones who have little willpower themselves,yet they feel that everything in their life must be perfect and they must controll everyone and everything - even their own children – Just so they can keep this so called ‘perfection’. They hide behind a fascade and live this illusion as a safety net from the real world.
We all seem to have formed an image of what the perfect person is, due to the media, what we see wrong and loathe in ourselves and others, yet for some reason we are unable to achieve that 'model persona' ourselves.
Then we have those who say "we are who we are and there is no changing it", and we see that even a perfect role-model is a matter of personal opinion.
An example of this is the 5th element. That girl to me is pretty, but she isn’t perfect. She has a name that barely anyone can pronouce, and i dont like the style of her hair. The colour is cool, but not the style. That is my opinion.
So we come to why we all try so hard to reach this godlike ultimate personality and look. Why we try so hard, and fail all the time, leading us to devolve ourselves.
If the statement - ‘We are who we are and here is no changing it’ is true,along with the fact we are devolving as a race to reach ‘model’, then dispite the public ideas and even though i/we dont see it my/ourselves, i can safely declare - "I am perfect"

sorry for the long post just thought id bring it up... its also probably something that many have realised already as well, just shows how slow i am with the majority...
ps - i also edited this post while blind not been too good rthis morning - byee
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:02 am

Wow, Jaska - that is very profound ... and so very true.

Thanks for taking the time to share the song lyrics, which are in themselves extremely powerful, and your thoughts that the words evoked for you.

My feeling is that if "society" shared your views, there would be a far higher level of tolerance and acceptance in the world. If this was the case, there would be far less antagonism around, particularly that aimed at the perfect people who do not fit with the generally accepted view of "normal" or "model".
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Jaska
Jaska

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:13 am

it does seem a very hypocritical race. we hear people saying how government and others people in everyday lives are hypocrits, but this just seemed to magnify it.

they say we are fine/perfect just the way we are - then when we blame ourselves for something we get guilt phrases and say 'no-one is perfect'... confusing no?
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:16 am

Facsinating post Jaska. Thank you.

Whilst it is natural for people to want to better themselves and to better understand themselves, how many people focus on this and how they impose themselves on others in their pursuit of 'perfection' often makes me wonder. It's a huge and thought provoking subject. I'd like to say that with age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes a better understanding of why people are like this but my personal experiences question this as well as I have known many elderly people who have less sense and wisdom than they probably were as selfish, bullying children.

All is not lost though imho. There are also many who pursue 'improvement' rather than 'perfection' who are true assets to the world, several expamples of whom are also on this forum. As long as there are people like this the world is a better place to live in imho.
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:27 am

a part of a book i am reading tells me this

the shadow is that part of us we have disowned through represson to the point hat we are no longer consciously aware of its existance. it is the part of our personalty that has been sacrifised for the sake of the ideal ego.

then it goes to say:
the roots of this run deep and can never fully be explored in ones lifetime. it begins as soon as we learn to relate to the world around us.
i think i am at that point, meaning i am evolving, as opposed to the majority's devolution, just because they dont understand.

(this is probably gonna turn into a rant, but hey)
thats the only reason why people hate and fear and block off "imperfections". they dont understand it. unfortunatly, this includes people such as you or I, and that is the only reason why i see it. the popular ones throw away all those who different to them, casting them to the darkness and lonliness. i am used to it however. just so happens to have happened since before i was in primry school. i see it has never changed and from the way i watch people live their lives, i grow a loathing towards them. I guess if it wasnt for the very few who share my likings, i have no idea what i would be doing where i would be, or or how little remorse i would have in my mind... but thats just the way things go
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:50 am

'Perfection' when it comes to the human spirit, character and social perceptions has to be one of the most subjective issues around. To one group perfection is social acknowledgement, recognition and status. This would be a nightmare to someone else. To others perfection means attaining enlightenment or gaining ultimate knowledge beyond human comprehension. Others it would be physical beuaty in the eyes of others.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I want very little to do with what other people think and how they think I should fit into it. After all, it's me who has to live with me and I don't see the point in trying to be something that other people want me to be (if that makes sense!). As an aside, Gina is perfect to me and yet she would list personal flaws that could fill a book. Perfection is subjective indeed.

As for social acceptance - Bah humbug to that! It appears to me to be about fitting in all the bloody time. About conformity for the sake of not rocking a status quo, wether it be personal, emotional, political, family, etc, etc, etc. Well I say conformity can take a running jump - long live individuality and let's celebrate what makes us different and special. That's what I do and that's why I am so happy I suppose. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

i think that's exactly what i feel, except i beleive that social acknowledgement, recognition and status as well as physical beauty cross into eachother very closely and alot.
- when i look at the films that hold social groups and the reality, i just think it is annoying. sure if i was like eveeryone else, maybe i wuldnt mind being an empty person with minimal personality. i wouldnt mind having a life that is so called chaotic due to the number of friends i have.

but no. i think it is very pointless, but as i go, all for themselves...
'perfect' is they pretty face, the pretty personality the biggest group of pretty friends, and that i cannot live with. when i joined the secondary school here in weston, i was automatically friends with my nabours, who just so happende t be among some of the 'popular' groups, as i call them. it was ok, but they just stood on street corners or outside all the time. i never did that, and i got bored quickly. just standing there talking about nothing for hours on end. of course, as soon as i broke up with them, and carried on with a small select group of very good friends, i get shunned from society. but i dont care if that happens, as i said, ive been used to it, and there is nothing better than that as long as i have the few i am with now.
with everything comes ups and downs. the downs with the popular - backstabbing and empty lives.

the smart who delve into wisdom for the sake of ultimate knowledge shares the same fate. sure its great to know alot, but in the end, what is it worth? unless you are trying to build something new, no good will come to it. and if you arent smart naturally, then why are you travvelling in that area in the first place? do something and improve what you can do. i had t take a learning to that in the last year... arrogance and ignorance is bliss, for a short while.

a toast to the individuals indeed, even though they may not last long... (insert cocktail emoticon here Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: stainless   stainless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stainless
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: General Discussions-
Jump to: