Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:59 pm

If you could design your own Coat of Arms, what would it be? And what would be your motto? Very Happy

I'm going to have to think about this beofre posting a response of my own! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

wow erm..... i never really thought about that.. so much one can do....
i would want it to be black and red
maybe id have s rose on it... a skull or scythe?
perhaps my thingy that i have on my sig.. or the there one i have...

the words? something along the lines of
"Embrace the sweet darkness that surrounds us"
or "everything returns to the dark in the end"

(i cant remember what i was thinking yesterday the second one is the closest i remember)

egh my mind is stuck on things like this today lol, ill try again later perhaps
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:47 pm

It would have to be Latin of some kind..

"Liberate Tu Te Me Ex Inferus" and with black and gold checkers and silver something...BAH I can't describe...
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Dunno about the visual, but I have a motto.

"sum caste ego, ipse"

I figure everything else will change anyway. I mean, ok, I wil too, but I'll always be ME, coz when the 'I' changes, the 'me' will change with it so I'll always be me, y'know? Even when the me changes, so the future me isn't the present me (like the me that's ME now) but the future I will match the future me and the present now me wil... Ok, at this point I'm boardering on the dadaist, so I'm just gonna go sit in a corner and slowly rock back and forth until the crazy talk subsides.

Yay Bag Sheep Skip Banana Snail Tantrum Dead Horse

Sofa

*much later*

Ok. all better.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Good question! Well of course the background would HAVE to be purple! The Ouroboros (serpent devouring it's own tail) would be the symbol. The message inside is the tricky bit. Trying to sum up all that I am and believe in in a single phase? Not sure it can be done. I couldn't decide on one but a couple thoughts are;

'Never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee' John Donne
'Oh what a life of luxury, to life like an ape-man' The Kinks
'Contentment destroys all hope of progression' Solvo
'Love is but a word, but truth of emotion saves us all' Solvo

I'm sure there are many other little phases that I'd like to use and I'll probably add them later. Thanks for the question, another good chance for self evaluation....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Wow, brilliant answers from everybone and I *still* wouldn't know how to answer this myself. Embarassed

I think I thought of this question because of a coat of arms I saw which was a mock up using modern logos in a shield. It looked absolutely awful but it made me think how amazing the old coats of arms were and how people must have sat down for ages thinking of what to put on them. After all, they were often family crests or representative of kindoms and families, etc.

Gotta keep thinking of one for me! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 pm

i thiknk i have found a symbol for mine Razz a deep, bold red with a black background
If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Symbol12

hmm.... this thread reminds me of warhammer or something XD

Ook, you say everybone, but what about the rest of us?
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Argh! Me and my typos! I swear I have to stop typing with my fingers sellotaped together whilst balancing a bowl of blancmange at the same time. Razz Razz

Jaska, interesting symbol. Is it one you've created or is it a symbol that has been designed somewhere? What is it's significance?
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:01 pm

yet another one ive created.... i was meditating (or close enough) and it just gradually came to me... havn't got an idea of what is signifies yet.... ill find something
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:09 pm

Love the colour choice as well. I think if it were me, I would prefer a dark, almost dried blood red on black which would brighten at night to a shimmering blood red. But I'm not trying to hijack your design! I just like dark reds. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:33 am

yeah, i wouldnt have it too bright XD that wouldl just look weird....

ive had a thought on what it represents - power and ability to access all areas in a particular field...
i guess if i used it magic wise, then the above as well as centring of energy (represented by the arrow)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?   If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could design your own Coat of Arms what would it be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: General Boards :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: