Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

personal ideas on demons/demonology

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Jaska

personal ideas on demons/demonology Empty
PostSubject: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:59 pm

i felt the need to do an essay for myself, from what i have read and learnt this year on this subject. just something i felt i should have done a long time ago, but never got round to it anyway here goes:

The angels never fell – they jumped. Rather than living a life of servitude, they lived for themselves and for freedom. They became their own gods.we are the ones that call them angels for good and demon for evil. But they are not. Good is not light, and darkness is not evil. Spirits are spirits and nothing more. Like us, they carry both sides. They have no hierarchy, which is also built by ourselves in our minds for our need to catagorise.
Both of which are merely individual ideas given an entity due to the number of beliefs in these ideas. Should they exist in a physical sense, to me, ‘demons’ are neither good nor evil, regardless of what the majority would deem them to be, just as any ‘god’ or ‘goddess’ can cause love or hatred between two humans.
Due to the enormous belief in any one demon, enables people to use the symbol name or image of that demon to their own need.
There are pacts, but none as dangerous as the majority would think.
The pacts with so called demons are the same with so called angels, and even other humans.
Pacts are not there in any set of rules, they just are – agreements that some demons may not even ask for.
We offer them something in return for their gifts as it is only polite, like the Christmas of modern times. The demons that come to us and ofer their gifts may not wish for anything more than to live among us; as friends for the lonely, guardians for those who need them, allies and secret keepers for all.
I myself have crafted a necklace holding the sigil for ‘botis’, one of the enochian demons. I have started remembering what I had forgotten or not thought about in my past for a long time, as well as things i would rather have forgotten, but i wonder if that was due to my wearing of the talisman, or purely coincidental, now that more people have set eyes on it as I wear it around.
It is said after all, that demons once lusted after humans and ‘married’ into us, hence “falling from grace” to help develop our world. Sure they can toy with us and our minds if they please, but they cannot kill us – it is in our own minds, whether the kinship between humans and demons are stable that can kill us.
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:46 am

im glad some use came from that book i lent you lol

very interesting and for the most part i agree in fact nearly all i would agree the only bit i have an issue with is that anything spiritual or paranormal has the ability to cause death even if its just starting the chain of events that lead to inevitable death.

very good thread jaska *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:58 am

but death can come from anything - of course, in this context, demons being spiritual matter and everything being more or less holding spiritual matter with good and bad uses... but in the essay, i mean the being that you call for in particular. should you eg, constantly use the spirit's guidance and power without giving anything back for example, or it being a generally malicious being, both of which the consiquences would be your fault anyway. this is the true reason why, when summoning entities or working with them on purpose, to make sure you understand their ideals fully, like myself and the necklace. But in both my written essay and necklace, there are still grey areas of whether things are caused by the entity or by nature...
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Jaska,

Sorry, this is a long post and a duplicate of one I posted to this topic elsewhere!

I don't believe in demons or angels but even this would be argued against to a degree by some. lol!

I think that angels and demons from a religious point of view are just another form of control within religous mythology and dogma so I see them as real as the god or gods in religions, i.e. I don't believe they exist at all.

I also believe that there are many forms of life that we do not understand. I theorise that there may be life forms that exist alongside us but are not normally within our field of vision. I also theorise that there may be other dimensions (for want of a better description) where the boundaries that may exist between them may be blurred at times which allow people to momentarily 'see' something that would be deemed as supernatural by our current levels of understanding. Typically I do not think there is any reason to believe that these beings or lifeforms are any more significant than people, animals, plants, etc that we are already aware of. In other words, I do nothink that they would necessarily be omnipotent, powerful (from our point of view) or anything particularly god like. As mankind has been very superstitious throughout history and are still superstitious (to a lesser degree now I hope) now, then anything unexplainable may be tagged as ghosts, demons, angels, etc, etc. to fit in with any religious belief systems they have or systems they want to develop to try to make sense of life or understand their own existence.

I also think that with a huge variety of potentially unfounded stories that have their sources in everything form mental illness, myths and legends, superstition, aural history and age old traditions, that the concept of angels and demons becomes even more muddied than before.

As for energy, my own theories on it are devloping over time. I theorise that our life forces are an energy. Energy is supposedly not supposed to die although it can be dispersed, transferred, etc. so when life forms 'die', I theorise that that energy must go somewhere. Whether or not this means that energy remains sentient is a question we won't know until it happens. As far as our sentience is concerned, we may end up in oblivion, in which case who cares once you are there anyway, or we may have that sentience continue on in some form or another, either keeping our memories or not, I don't know.

Finally, on the energy thing, I do not believe that energy is limited and confined to the vessels which make up the physical form. As a result, I theorise that all reality is a mixture of energies which are held with physical forms but are also part of a wider sea of energy. As a result I think that certain things and combinations of 'energies' can interact to let energy flow, be diverted or stop. The thing I still can't wrap my head around (ironicall) is the question 'Is thought energy?'. I believe it is, which is why certain people can achieve a greater connection with other people, animals and even have a greater awareness of their surroundings by giving their thoughts something to concentrate or focus on. Symbols and sigils would provide some people something to focus their thoughts, emotions and beliefs on, which in that sense may give them a feeling of control or power over something. I find it hard to believe that the symbols themselves have any energy but they are part of a chain reaction of events that could lead to a change in energy. That's just an off the wall theory on my part.

That's my take on it anyhoo. smile.gif
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:50 am

There are so many different opinions of what a demon actually is, to me they are basically a form of entity, and aren't good and I lump all those 'bad' entities under the heading 'nasties'. I reckon the only good nasty is a dead one. The only dealings I usually have with them is when they are interfering with someone and they ask me to help get rid of them, I do that quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wayoftherede.com/index.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: personal ideas on demons/demonology   personal ideas on demons/demonology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

personal ideas on demons/demonology
Page 1 of 1