Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My story- I would also like to here yours!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SkullQueen

My story- I would also like to here yours! Empty
PostSubject: My story- I would also like to here yours!   My story- I would also like to here yours! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm

I was raised in a Baptist family, and when I was 13, I started having doubts about the religion. By 14 I completely abandoned all Christian beliefs, and I felt a weight lifted off of me. Since then, I have struggled with finding a belief system that fits me. For a long time, I considered myself agnostic; not really sure of what it meant, but it was a lot easier to tell people that than to explain my complex beliefs. Anyway, recently my boyfriend has been talking about Paganism. He has a strong connection with his American Indian heritage, and has been talking about their connection with nature. Immediately I felt something was right with that. I searched online and discovered that Paganism in its original root is not really practiced today, and several times the word Wicca came up. I decided to search Wicca and found an amazing website that pretty much changed my life. I never felt something fit so perfectly with me. I know Wicca is my path in life.
Back to top Go down
Salixya
Salixya

PostSubject: Re: My story- I would also like to here yours!   My story- I would also like to here yours! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm

SkullQueen wrote:
I was raised in a Baptist family, and when I was 13, I started having doubts about the religion. By 14 I completely abandoned all Christian beliefs, and I felt a weight lifted off of me. Since then, I have struggled with finding a belief system that fits me. For a long time, I considered myself agnostic; not really sure of what it meant, but it was a lot easier to tell people that than to explain my complex beliefs. Anyway, recently my boyfriend has been talking about Paganism. He has a strong connection with his American Indian heritage, and has been talking about their connection with nature. Immediately I felt something was right with that. I searched online and discovered that Paganism in its original root is not really practiced today, and several times the word Wicca came up. I decided to search Wicca and found an amazing website that pretty much changed my life. I never felt something fit so perfectly with me. I know Wicca is my path in life.

Nice account Smile

I was lucky in that my parent's never brought us up with one dominant faith (they christened my eldest brother, but felt guilty about taking away his choice). Being brought up in this way meant that i was free to choose what felt right for me, which is wicca.

I always felt that the main religions are too structured and conformist, with a lack of individuality. Where as with wicca, maybe it's as wild as the nature we respect and admire, but we get to create our own path and our own way. I used to snigger at people in middle/high school who proclaimed themselves to be witches and wiccans (They weren't really, they were just trying to be different), typical of me, i hear something that i know noting about and once i got researching it and finding out more, i fell in love with wicca.

Back to top Go down
http://salixya.webeden.co.uk
SkullQueen

PostSubject: Re: My story- I would also like to here yours!   My story- I would also like to here yours! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. (:
Back to top Go down
Rabbitheart713
Rabbitheart713

PostSubject: Re: My story- I would also like to here yours!   My story- I would also like to here yours! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 am

I was brought up in a VERY christian primary school, not really knowing of any other existing religions! Even when I was little, I knew that it wasn't for me. When we learned about the Greek and Egyptian gods in History, I immediately found more of a connection and "claimed" both sets as my religion. I'd run around and pretend I was either Athena, or some kind of demi-God, or that I was uncovering ancient secrets in long lost Egyptian Pyramids. Another of my favourite games was to speak to trees or flowers, and try to communicate with the faeries that lived inside.
When I grew into my younger teens and most of my childlike games were forgotten, I tried out Buddhism for a couple of years, before realising I was far too materialistic! Then, when I was 13, my mother found out about Paganism, realised it was very similar to things I'd previously discussed with her about my ideal religious beliefs, and had links into things like the occult that I had always had an unwavering interest in, and told me to look into it.
I started out with Wicca, but then when I read some of the works of Gerald Gardner, I realised I didn't completely agree with the principals of the religion. I read into Shamanism, and Druidry, and they fascinated me. I decided to research into some of the key figures of modern Paganism, and Aleister Crowley struck an immediate chord, more than anything before, and I found myself reunited in my childhood God figures.

Whew, sorry that was so long! Razz Kudos to anyone who actually reads through it. farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambershardsandfaeriedust.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story- I would also like to here yours!   My story- I would also like to here yours! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My story- I would also like to here yours!
Page 1 of 1