Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)

Go down 
+3
LunarCraft
StarlightTess
Ook!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi eveyone, Very Happy

One of your members was kind enough to tell me about your forum so here I am. I'm not Pagan, I'm a Deist, however my soul-mate (wife) and myself have always had an interest in both Paganism and, more specifcally, Wicca practices and beliefs so I hope you don't mind me being here on your forum. Embarassed

I am also very interested in what people call the supernatural and unexplained (which I believe in but have my own beliefs about), I read Tarot cards and also have had a few 'psychic' and unexplained experiences over the years - oh, I'm 39 by the way.

Anyhow, I look forward to posting with you! Very Happy

Ook!

Edited for typos Embarassed

Last edited by Ook! on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 5:06 pm

hello from one newbie to another Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:05 am

You are very Welcome to join the forum - we are a small, but growing, group ... it is great to have you on board.

I look forward to hearing about some of your experiences. If ever you get the chance, you would be most welcome to pop into the shop (The Willow Tree) in Weston and introduce yourself in person.

I hope you have fun here too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:44 am

Welcome to the forum!!

Hope you enjoy checking the boards out, we're all lovely really!
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:34 am

HI MR RAY! (for everyone else who is confused, thats what his name is to the pizzhut group!) hehe my my that was quick! I'm glad you found it ok, i have trouble finding it myself half the time if im on a computer that doesn't have merry moot in its favourites! maybe thats just my bad computer skills! Anyway brilliant picture, makes me think of good old Mr Pratchet.....I must find time to read his new book! Oh your a Deist thats brilliant you will have to post a little thread on it to tells us a little more about your beleifs, it will be interesting to learn about it! See you soon Mr Ray! kim x
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:01 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Very Happy

Kim, my avatar's a good likeness of me don't you think? On a good day if I haven't shaven or combed my hair? Wink Thanks for letting us know about the forum, it's much appreciated. bounce

I wasn't sure about starting a deism thread (didn't want to bore anyone!) but will do so soon. See you soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:21 am

Lunarcraft wrote:
If ever you get the chance, you would be most welcome to pop into the shop (The Willow Tree) in Weston and introduce yourself in person.

Thank you for the kind invitaion. I will probably take you up on that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:19 am

HI MR. RAY! If you do drop by on the shop, do it on a Saturday, most of the members from this forum are here! I would love to know more about Deism, and trust me, you'll find it hard to bore us people, we all lead very fruitless live!!

I'm Tomi / The Forum Joker by the way!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Tomi,

Thanks for the welcome. Interesting name, where's it originate from if you don't mind me asking? This is a great place by the way. I Love Merry Moot
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am

Which name? Tomi or Agares?

My real name's Thomas, but when I lived in SPain (where I was Tommy) none of my Spanish friends could pronounce it when it was written, not even my teachers (it was pronounced "Toh-Midge") so I changed the spelling to make it easier for them, and I never changed it back when I returned to the UK

Agares is a Goetic Demon from The Lesser Key of King Solomon, a spirit who brings witches and wizards together, which seemed appropriate!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:03 am

Ah, that's interesting.

The Japanese language is syllabic (the 'alphabet is made of syllables such a ka, ki, ku, ke, ko) so your full name would be pronounced to-ma-su (I've put the hyphens in to help you pronounce it the Japanese way) and A-ga-re-su. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:25 am

Just an afterthought, when you say you are Deist, is that like, as in Opus Dei? Sorry, I'm probably being thick..

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 1:25 pm

No. Very, very far from it actually. I'll start a thread about it soon but the basics are that deism is a philosophy, not a religion.

It is based on the principal that a deist has come to the conclusion that a creator of some kind started everything in the universe and then does not intefere or interact with it in any way. A deist will have come to this conclusion based on reason, personal experiences in life and the observation of nature. There is no faith, worship, scriptures, rules, etc, to follow. Because the basic principle is so simple, people can often look for more than there is.

Another thing is, concepts of spirituality, life after dath beliefs or non-beliefs differ from deist to deist because it is a philospophy based on personal reason, observationas and experiences which differ for every individual.

How this relates to my interest in Pagan beliefs is complex in some ways but is actually very simple for my minds eye. I believe in the effects and and reasoning of a lot of Pagan beliefs but I would not apply 'gods' to the equation, I would just use different terminology and slightly different beliefs that I believe will be proven scientifically one day. That's an entire discussion in itself!

I hope this satisfies your curiosity to begin with. Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 1:47 pm

MerryMootWelcome
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:33 pm

That was very enlightening, thankyou Ook!....I've never even heard of it before...which is weird...I know a bit about nearly everything!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 7:55 pm

I'm very camera shy

Last edited by Ook! on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics - they are lovely ... Ook - you look nothing like your Avatar!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:07 pm

That's because I shaved, had a wash and combed my hair for the Avatar picture. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:02 pm

lol! rofl lol!
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:41 pm

What are you all on about he looks exactly the same! cant you see the ginger hue in his hair! hehe
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm

no no i can't but maybe thats because i just got new glasses and haven't adjusted to them yet
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 pm

It's the teeth isn't it? That's what's throwing people. My teeth aren't very clear in the photo, that must be it Kim. Wink
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:57 pm

ook i think you hit the nail on the head, although I'm not going to lie your avatar does freak me out just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Oh, that's a shame Tess. Sad The Librarian (who the avatar is) would be mortified to think anyone would feel uncomfortable around him I'm sure (other than people who he doesn't like and people who do not respect books - he'd flatten them). He is warm hearted, good natured (unless you call him an ape, after all he is an Orangutan after all), brave, loves his books and knows well enough to respect the power of Magic (after all, that is how he became an Orangutan). Smile

Once you get to know him, you might even find him cuddly (and I'm not referring to me! I am far from cuddly!). Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)   Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Newbie alert! :)
Page 1 of 1