Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid

Go down 
+6
LunarCraft
Aoife
Era Amunet
Aurora
Sabouki
Ook!
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Empty
PostSubject: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:13 pm

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid? Do you have any aspirations to be something now or in the future? Or have you reached where you want to be?

When I was a kid I wanted to be either James Bond saving the world, a Truck driver with a chimp as a side kick going around the country saving people in trouble (for those old enough to remember the programme, it was BJ and the Bear I wanted to be) or I wanted to be s superhero with super powers and help everyone in the world. There's a distinct pattern there! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Now I am a Business Manager and am happy with where I am. I have no aspirations to climb the corporate ladder and just want to be as good as I can be in my job. As for saving the world I feel I do that in my own little way whenever I can but I don't wear pants outside my trousers which is a godsend really. Laughing

As for the future, I see an early retirement and just want to spend all my time with Gina so the longest I will ever be apart from her will be when I go to the shop for provisions.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:57 am

well, im still getting where im going, but when i was younger, i always wanted to be a vet. Very bad really, because im terrible with deaths or ANY kind and science bores me to death, lol!

Now, i've no idea what i want to be, but, like everyone, i want to enjoy it, and be well paid lmao!

My dreams however [although they will NEVER come true...at all] would be to be a ballerina [but i dont have the body for it, lol] and id LOVE to be on the West End, cos im a musical crazed freak, lol
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 am

I've always wanted to be a lawyer lol It was because I wanted a Yellow Ferrari when I was 6! hehe but I did sway between things like being a private detector, I think I would rock at that, I'm so nosey! hehe x
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:32 pm

for a while I wanted to be the person who put makeup on dead people before their funeral... still kind of do...
but now I want to be a fashion retail thing or an art theripist
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:56 am

Vampiric Gal wrote:

Sounds fun! And the art therapy, what type of art Vamp?

I just thought as well, when I was a kid I also wanted to be a someone who could help change the world (I still do!), maybe find a cure for the uncurable or invent something that would make people all around the world safer or healthier.

I remember getting my first chemistry set and dreaming of being ble to find amazing cures. All I did was find new ways to create (unplanned) explosions in the household though! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:12 pm

any type of art really...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:24 pm

I was really cool and always wanted to be a maths teacher....still kind of want to be. Also would love to get a few good novels published. But damn it! I have to write them first!!! I have no time!!!

My unreasonable job thast would b amazing would be to turn my current book into a film (it would be a kick-arse film too), to help write and then direct it, so that the film industry wouldn't murder it. That would be so cool...
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Go for it Aoife ... dream big and aim high ... who knows what you will achieve if you set your mind to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:47 pm

I ditto Sarah Aoife. Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Zephron

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:15 pm

i had always wanted to be a writer. still do in fact.

However my brin finds it much easier to wander from one idea to the next than actually focus on a singularity for any length of time.

Altrhough i have found a fantastic website where you can post your material for others to crtique, an invaluable tool for me as i can see wher my work is going. (www.critiquecircle.com in case anybodies interested)

Im currently waiting for a rejection letter from one of my short magazine stories. Of the tweenty or so i've sent i got one published in a magazine for a pittance but it was so exciting to be accepted it just re-affirmed my dreams.

I shall be victorious as im sure all of you will be too, if you truely want to be.
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:20 am

Wow ... another budding author in our midst. As I said to Aoife ... go for it - dream big and aim high. After all ... someone has to get to the top ... why not you?
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:01 am

Keep at it Zephron!

Don't underplay your published work, no matter how minor you may feel it is in the greater scheme of things. It is a valid and fantastic achievement. As the old saying goes, 'Even the thousand mile road has it's first step'. You have taken these first steps towards your dream and that is something to treasure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:47 am

I wanna be a writer too dammit! We're all going to be competing in 20 years time!!

I also want to go into Psychoanalysis...I've been told (repeatedly!) that I'm good at helping people out of sticky situations, and helping people come out of bad places Smile

Sarah might vouch for me on this one...lol

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jason

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:09 pm

I'm normal lol I wanted to be a policeman when i was younger.... but then I realised the sheer amount of paperwork involved and thought "errrrm, maybe not!"
I work in Tesco, and a few months ago went through the stage of thinking "I'm gonna be stuck in here all my life aren't I?!" but over the last few weeks I've realised that I shouldn't give up and I should go for the job I want to do.... and that's to be a Funeral Director. I've always been fascinated with the industry, and my cousin used to work for a funeral company so she introduced me to the idea. And now I've decided to go for it! and this time.... I'm not giving up! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Awesome, go for it Jason! bounce
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:23 pm

I've never met anyone who wanted to be a Funeral Director...Forensic Pathologie, yes, but what you want to do is definately more fun! Well, it's weird, not a lot of people could do it, but if you can, go for it Smile

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:39 pm

When I was at school our sports teacher said to us that there are a three professions in life that will always be needed, Doctors, Cooks and Funeral Directors because we will always need medical help, we always need to eat and we will always die.

Basic careers advice from him that I always found amusing but true. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:42 pm

Tis true advice and absolutely hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:44 pm

He added plumbers at a later date, stating we always needed to go to the toilet as well. Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:47 pm

I know the funeral director my cousin used to work for... his wife is a midwife, and her dad is a doctor. So one brings them into the world.... one fixes 'em, and one sees them out of this world!
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:47 pm

Very practical advice, I must say.

Incidentally, Vamp is not the first person that I have heard say they wanted to prepare bodies for burial. They even have hairdressers to work on the bodies too.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:59 pm

Loony, take a look at who started the Thread...where the Hell did you get "Vamp" from? Louise hasn't even commented yet!!
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:00 pm

Vampiric Gal wrote:
for a while I wanted to be the person who put makeup on dead people before their funeral... still kind of do...
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:05 pm

I think 'Ooops!' might be on someone's mind at the moment. Wink
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 pm

OOOOOOOOPS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid   What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: General Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: