Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tree Blessing

Go down 
+4
Logmadr
LunarCraft
Amberlady
Swords of Night and Day
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Swords of Night and Day
Swords of Night and Day

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:20 am

I have a large Ash tree in my garden that reminds me of Yggdrasill - The World Tree from Norse Mythology.

How does one bless a tree?

Should a tree like this be blessed, or would it be sacriligeous?
Back to top Go down
Amberlady
Amberlady

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:53 am

Didn't your father tell you? or your father's father or your father's, father's father stretching back in time?
Back to top Go down
http://the-amberlady.livejournal.com/19815.html
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 am

Amberlady - your comments here are out of order and should never have been made in response to a genuine enquiry.

One of the purposes of this forum is to enable the membership to make requests such as this to draw on the knowledge of other members.

I would be delighted if you would share your wisdom with us, instead of sniping at individuals.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 am

Amber, no need to be nasty, if you have no interest in how to help Sonad bless a tree, please, don't comment on these forums. Seriously, that was a superfluous and damn right rude post. Remove it or someone else will.
Back to top Go down
Amberlady
Amberlady

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:54 am

It was a serious question, I await the answer with anticipation
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 am

Sure you do, stop wasting peoples time and make some serious posts please: you've already stated you think Sonad is a liar: why do you care what his answer will be? Grow up and make some serious, non-antagonising posts for a change...
Back to top Go down
Amberlady
Amberlady

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:13 am

Quote :
Grow up and make some serious, non-antagonising posts for a change...
OK , I'll go off and believe every bit of sh rubbish that is posted on Pagan boards - just like the rest of the grown ups here
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:25 am

I am not saying believe in everything, by no accounts, I would never ask you to change your opinions, but please, make comments in a respective and less agressive manner: these are people you have never met or even spoken to online before: get to know someone and find out what they are like before you start labelling them, for MerryMoot's sake....
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:28 am

You can enquire and not beleive everything you read without being bitchy. You could chose to make a constructive comment or just bite your viper tongue for once. I have read some stuff you have commented on and I agree with it a hell of a lot of time just sometimes on this forum you take it your personal mission to right everyone, its mainly your approach I disagree with.
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:35 am

Swords of Night and Day wrote:
I have a large Ash tree in my garden that reminds me of Yggdrasill - The World Tree from Norse Mythology.

How does one bless a tree?

Should a tree like this be blessed, or would it be sacriligeous?

I don't think it would be sacriligious at all.

Although i don't know of any tree blessings, but i suppose you could always use it as a 'prayer tree' which would cleanse it.

'Prayer trees' aren't tied to any religious, but they have been used for centries in this country and many others. You tie a single strip of clothe to the tree and with it you focus a 'hope, wish, thought or prayer' in the hope that this will do something.

My shamanic friend has done this [and she got the idea from the bhuddists] and cleansed the tree with incense and meditated underneath it.

I hope you find this useful, even if you don't want to do it. =]

BTW, Isnt this in completely the wrong board???
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 am

Please could we enable this thread to get back on topic from this point forward. Thanking you in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Swords of Night and Day
Swords of Night and Day

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:00 am

Oh Dear.

Amberlady, My favourite colour is red.

Is that OK?

Or would you like to correct me?

Getting back to the initial query please.

Apparently Germanic tribes (encountered by the Romans) revered trees. Being surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of square miles of dense forest must have had an impact.

Which, allegedly, is where we get the Christmas Tree from, some form of mid-winter fertility thing I guess. If anyone knows better by all means put me straight.

In my complete and utter lack of knowledge I was humbly asking if anyone knew of such tree blessing/ worship/ reverence from any source.

Though I'm beginning to think it better for me to not post anything.

Thanks for the nice replies anyway.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am

This is an official warning: if ANYONE continues on this thread with bitchy or irrelevent comments, you will receive a temporary ban from posting on these forums. Keep all arguements in PM. Again, this is an official warning. No more off topic bitchy comments.

Logmadr
Back to top Go down
Nomada

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:18 am

I really don't think a tree needs to be blessed to be honest. I'd leave it be.
Back to top Go down
ironwolf

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:25 am

If you feel the need to acknowledge your tree then just pour a libation to it with a few words. Blood is a good fertilizer, but use your own I think using someone elses maybe against the law! Alternatively you could use animals blood. The simplest option though, would be some mead or cider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tree Blessing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Blessing   Tree Blessing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tree Blessing
Page 1 of 1