Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear Silver RavenShite....

Go down 
+3
Aurora
VII
Logmadr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Logmadr

Dear Silver RavenShite.... Empty
PostSubject: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 am

Aoife and I were running The WillowTree today....for fun, we decided to peruse the Silver RavenWolf books!! We read through it and were so angry we had to comment to her on her website!! here is what we said!!

This is a personal message for the lady who calls herself "Silver RavenWolf".

My name is Logmadr, and I am sitting here in an Esoteric shop (that big word means "magicky" just so you know) reading your book, "Teen Witch: Wicca for a New Generation" and I have a few issues to raise with you:

1) You say at the beginning of the book that Dark Witches are not, in fact, witches, and yet your book is teaching people, under a chapter called "Fun Spells" (See point 2) how to (attempt) to affect the weather. I am sorry, but are you a complete amateur?? Interrupting the cycles of nature as such is most definately dark. Someone with the experience you, apparantly, have, would know this, as to change the weather in one area would change the conditions in another area, most of the time, unintentionally. An example of this: say you do a rain spell: 200 miles away, there will be a drought, most of the time: perhaps you should have a side note: "This stupid little spell I wrote may cause people to go without rain 200 miles away, so, you know, don't use it unless you're hair will curl, 'k?".

2) Fun Spells? So magic for no real reason, just to "have a laugh". Need I say more? Welll obviously from your books, I do. You think it's wise to teach "Newbie's" to ANY form of The Craft how to mess with these sort of things? At thefirst stages of learning, one should be focussing on visualisation techniques and meditation, breathing excercises and focus. This is, I noticed, in the aforementioned book. However, when it is in the same "Beginners" book next to "Fun Spells" you are being sadly misleading in to how long doing such powerful spells would take.

3) The words "Wicca" and "Witchcraft" and "Wiccan" and "Witch" are NOT interchangeable. Ok?

4) You DO need to be initiated into Wicca. Wicca is NOT an old religion, and if you look up some basic information on Alexandrian Wicca, you will see that to call yourself Wiccan means you must be part of an already Wiccan coven. Wicca is not a solitary practice: you can, by all means, be wiccanesque, but Wiccan is a no no

5) Aoife, my friend, tried your "Owie Fix Spell" when she had a paper cut on her finger. Although perhaps the fault was hers, and it di not work because of the utter disdain dripping from her voice throughout the verse.

I look forward to your reply, if you would like to contact me, personally, ym e-mail is:

t-justice@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.merrymoot.co.uk (these are forums I am a memeber of the administrative team on, don't hesitate to join!)

Thank you for reading this: i know how much authors like feedback, negatively skewed or not!!

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 pm

You tell 'em, Tomi!! Good Job Set her straight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Hahaha by God I hope she replies! She probably wont but meh will be hilarious if she does! xxxxx
Back to top Go down
ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 am

If younger people ever ask me what books I would recommend I always tell them to avoid american trash like silver ravenshite. In all my years involved with various pagan people I have never known anyone to even mention a weather spell, maybe a raindance, but not a weather spell! The words "fun" and "spell" don't really go together.
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 am

wouldn't it be kind of funny if she did end up joining merry moot? just think of the comments from all of us! lol! rofl lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:56 am

Nicely put Logmadr! I hate those type of books! They take a young person who is interested in the craft and lead them down completely the wrong path Mad
Younger beginners are obviously going to be more interested in books that show an easy and quick way to learn fancy spells (even if they don't work Razz) and people like her take advantage of that to make a quick buck.
Shame on them! SHAME! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:53 am

Well said. Smile

As an aside, after looking into Wicca for a while now we REALLY don't think much of it. I thought it was supposed to be a about REAL Witchcraft! Rolling Eyes Ah well, we live and learn. Wink

Anyway, again, well said. Did she ever respond?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:21 pm

No, I think the shock of being called a phoney killed her, sadly....she will be sorely missed by the cool-witch club and the "spellcrafting for toddlers" society...

*insert raucous laughter*

MWHAHHAHAHAHAH!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Silver RavenShite....   Dear Silver RavenShite.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Silver RavenShite....
Page 1 of 1