Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Event in Storm's Life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

New Event in  Storm's Life Empty
PostSubject: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:30 am

Hey Mooters! Remember me? Mama Storm?!
So just a few lines to catch ya'll up on my world!
My work place is up for a huge promotion. October 8th we are undergoing an inspection from the heads of the Corporation. *over 600 Stores worldwide* Only the best of the best are chosen and if we get chosen, we will be a training site for the entire corporation! What this means is, when new Plaza's are built and the Managers go to learn how to run their plazas, the come to a training facility. We will be one of those few in existance! It's all very exciting, but hugely nerve wracking also. We have been getting ready for the past 3 weeks and now it is down to a mere hours and soooo much to be done yet. I've asked for time extensions the past 3 days with the Universe and it has worked to a certain extent. LOL 15 hours go by *snaps fingers* JUST LIKE THAT!
But a lot has been being accomplished. Hopefully it will be enough and the big dog who is coming in to inspect us will like our facility. Our numbers are good enough, we just have to make the rest match. One more long night and it will all be over. I want this to happen so badly. We've worked so hard leading up to this and I don't think a one of us has thought about what it's going to be like on the other side of the inspection. What happens if we DO get the statis! How much more wild is it going to be!
It sounds like if this happens there will be kickbacks for the rest of us as well. What that means at this point is beyond me. Time will tell!
Hugs to all my Merry Mooters Family!
I miss you all and your in my thoughts daily!
Mama Storm

Sleep

OHHHHHHHHHHHH And an update on the baby event coming in February, IT'S A BOYYYY!
Our Grand Baby is a Boy!
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cheers Yay
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 am

We have missed you, Mama Storm, and it is lovely to recieve the update on what is happening in Stormy's world - such excitement and anticipation ... I will be thinking about you all - the whole team - throughout tomorrow. I will be sending loads of positive thoughts and energy to you.

Also, many congratulations on the baby news - hope everything is going well for all concerned!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 am

Brilliant! Storm, I'm sure your team will come out on top with what sounds like an amazing mix of skill, dedication and enthusiasm. Gotta be a winning combination! All the best for the visit! bounce

Fabulous news about your Grandchild too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:18 am

Thank You Thank You Thank You Sarah and Ook for the nice thoughts and energy!
I certainly felt it today.
SADLY... The person who was going to do our inspection came down with a flu bug and nicely decided not to share with the rest of us and stayed home!
I can't remember a time when I've been so disappointed in something not happening!
I'm not sure, but I think I had tears in my eyes when we got the news.
We weren't really prepared for the event quite yet...so many different odd things happened to us over the past week or so that I should have seen this coming, but I was so focused on what needed to be done that I just kept my nose to the grind stone and kept plugging away. So we are told it will happen this month still, just have to wait to get the news. Now I just have to keep the staff motivated to complete all the half done projects to make the cut the next time!
Wow...I'm still feeling the effects of disappointment! I'm going to have to do some soul searching to find the reasoning behind these feelings! I think it's just the fact that this is such a large thing. From other posts with other jobs, ya'll know that having big things come to me somehow isn't out of the ordinary...........Both head baker jobs I earned the title of best baker in the state, then best baker in the district, top 10 in the country, etc etc etc...So having this come to my team is such a nice addition to that and I want it for my team SO much! They deserve it. Our store is among the top 10 in the numbers game every week and that is out of over 600 stores world wide and growing every month.
I just think that this statis will bring a sort of closeness to the team that we don't currently have yet. I know it will come, with hard work and perserverence.

As far as the baby news.... Very Happy
I am SOOOO excited! Our son moved back to our town this weekend and his lady moves home next weekend! So the baby will be born here and I can love him and squeeze him and spoil him ROTTEN! and buy all sorts of NOISY toys then send him home to his parents to set him straight! Twisted Evil
*giggles impishly*
Ok I'm off to bed...earliest I've been home all week! Bed sounds rather nice about now!
Love ya'll tons and bunches
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:05 am

Hi Storm,

I think I know how you may feel - your and the team have worked very hard for this so it's understandable to feel the way you do. Saying that though, the pace you have been going at sounds frantic and this change of plan just sounds like a fabulous opportunity to really polish and tweak the areas that may have been rushed. If you tone down the pace to a managable level but keep the momentum going then by the time the day comes around again your operation will absolutely astounding! I think this is destiny - a chance for you to get things exactly how you want it. Brilliant. Smile

Again, congrats on your Grandchild. Not being a parent myself (nor having the inclination or the paternal instincts!) I cannot imagine what it is like to have a child let alone a Grandchild. It must be magical and I am very, very happy for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Event in Storm's Life   New Event in  Storm's Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Event in Storm's Life
Page 1 of 1