Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your all time favourite songs?

Go down 
+9
Indigo
Jaska
Nos Llew-Blaidd
VII
Aoife
Sabouki
LunarCraft
StarlightTess
Ook!
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

What are your all time favourite songs? Empty
PostSubject: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:31 pm

What are your all time favourite songs or music genres?
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:31 am

musicals Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:54 am

So very difficult to answer scratch - it depends so much on my mood - anything from popular classical through to Heavy Metal to chillout, middle-of-the-road, musicals, pop, 60s, 70s, 80s ... somewhat eclectic - like me!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Yes, it does depend on ones mood.

I have been a Cure fan since I was 13 (26 years! Shocked ). One of my current favourite tracks is "The End Of The World" which is on the following link >> Click here for some Cure videos

I am also a fan of David Bowie, one of my all time favourites if 'Wild is the wind' which has been covered several times but his is still the definitive classic >> Click here for Wild is the Wind

Sakamoto Ryuichi is a genius, he's been writing everything from Techno through to classic since the 70s. Click here for Ryuichi playing the track from Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence. In addition to the oodles of film scores he has written, his work as part of the techno band Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO) in the 70s and early 80s has often been quoted as being the inspriation for many hip-hop and techno bands throughout the 80s and 90s.

I love old film music from the 40s and 50s, I like Swing, Opera, classic (mainly piano sonatas), Bollywood music and music from all over the world. I love French music - if you've never heard of Marc Lavoine here is an example of one of his duets - Marc Lavoine Christina Marocco J'ai tout oublié

I hope you enjoy these links!

What else do you all like? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:38 pm

I love musicals, dnb, rock bit of pop shizz and im not really too fussy, just dislike Rnb.

My fav son gs atm are:
Defying Gravity by the Wicked! cast
Panikiller by Pendulum vs Freestylers
Kiwi by Maroon 5
Cry me a River [cover] by lostprphets
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 am

Metal!!!!

Killswitch engage rock all

Oh and the S&M album by metallica!!!

I know what your thinking, Sacha and S&M stands for Symphony and Metallica (They played an AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING gigwith the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra)
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Aoife wrote:
Metal!!!!

I know what your thinking, Sacha and S&M stands for Symphony and Metallica (They played an AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING gigwith the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra)

I wasnt thinking anything of the kind Lizzie! Honestly, my min d its all clean and innocent =] lol!
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Embarassed I haven't even heard of a lot of these groups or artists.

I'm definitely showing my age here! Have any of you got links to sites where they have your favourite tracks playing? It would be great to hear what you are so passionate about. Smile
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:15 pm

All music is great if it's had thought put into it. Only cheap popstars who nick someone's track and sing over it let music down. Shame on them. SHAME ON THEM!! Evil or Very Mad
Some cool favourites of peoples on here! Likin' the film music, freestylers & pendulum and metallica. All styles welcome by me; electronica, dance, metal, industrial, punk, indie, jazz, blues, classical, reggae, ska, dub, breakbeat, drum & bass, IDM, hip-hop, pop, psychedelic, folk, soundscape, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, etc. etc. etc. bla bla bla. Not musicals though (only 'Cannibal: The Musical'... iss funneee Razz ). Music is life!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:34 am

im all for emotional music how i feel influences the music i play if i need to feel differently i will play a certain song from any genre, here is one of my all time favourite feel good songs

http://www.imeem.com/torpedo1979/music/xN5slBXS/01_stan_bush_the_touch/

im a child of the eghities i guess it shows with my choice farao
Back to top Go down
http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:08 pm

all time favourite - soundtracks... theres always something there, usually the rocky/electro type, but sometimes the odd one-off track thats not something id usually listen to...
in fact kim litstening through a soundtrack now - Devilmaycry anime ST
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Indigo
Indigo

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I really like Guns N Roses sweet child o mine and im a big micheal jackson fan love the earthsong especially and most modern music i listen to anything if i like it but those songs i listed are classics to me,
Back to top Go down
lolli

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:24 pm

i like ELO (electric light orchestra) and Jethro Tull

I also like alot of other types of music, but it realy depends on how im feeling as to what i listen to...

Jeff waynes War of the Worlds is great music to do housework to...
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Flight of the Conchords (lots of them on youtube) are awesome. Particularly check out 'Frodo, don't wear the ring' 'I'm not crying' 'The humans are dead' 'Issues' and 'Foux Da Fa Fa' which is great any way but even better i you speak a little french.

VII wrote:
Not musicals though (only 'Cannibal: The Musical'... iss funneee Razz ).

I (politely) DEMAND that you make an exception for Once More With Feeling, the Buffy musical. I don't care if you think it's crap or not, just make an exception!!!!!

PS - Havn't spoken to you in ages, Danny, so Hi!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Elfin
Elfin

PostSubject: fave music   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 pm

[b] heya, Aoife, i have to admit that Buffy the Musical, is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! bounce bounce Im a little bit sad i think, as i know nearly all of the lyrics to the songs in the episode, me and nosllew absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE buffy!!!!!!

Oh i also really like rock music! System of a Down, My chemical Romance, Tenacious D, and how could i forget IRON MAIDEN!!!! they're music makes me hyper!!! bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm

maiden rock i reccomend the song age of innocence wich is track ten on the 2003 album dance of death also my fave song of theirs is hallowed be thy name wich is track 8 on the 1982 number of the beast album..

and buffy the musical eoisode im a big ballad song fan so i would have to go with standing giles song then rest in peace spikes song then what you feel sweets song i could list them all but im not going to Razz
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 am

Hallowed Be Thy Name rocks!!! Not a fan of Iron Maiden meself, but that track is a killer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:44 am

OMG! Did this subject hit a hot spot!

I am a musician. I was born into an old time band. Music from the 50's through some of the 70's. Mostly country, and old time music, waltz, schottish, 2 step, quick step, etc.
I then went to playing mountain music/bluegrass music in a band when I was a teen-ager.
Then in my "religious" phase was a music minister for about 15 years where I played and sang folk/gospel music with a folk group through the church. Which I really enjoyed. Not that I didn't enjoy the rest of it, but being spiritual, the gospel really hit my heart.
Though I'm in a different type of spirituality, I still love the gospel stuff, but sing to a different type.........ya'll know what I mean!!!
I love all music for what it is. Someone's hard work and musical experession of themselves. It's hard work to be creative enough to write something and then put it to music......I know..I've spent a lot of my life doing just that.
Personally, I listen to classic rock......Eric Clapton, ELO, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Led Zeplin, Guns N Roses *I agree, love Sweet Child O Mine*, Alice Cooper, ETC ETC ETC
But I also love some country music, R&B, New Age, Hip Hop, Musicals, Classical, Some Opera, Ballet,
I could go on and on and on.
Some of my favorites,
She wore a pearl necklace, Sweet Child O Mine, Come On And Let It Show, Danny's Song, Figerello, Back In Black, Smokin In The Boy's Room,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Celtic Women and *getting tired, worked graveyards so been up a LONG TIME*
Anyway, I think I got my point across, MUSIC FIEND HERE!
Great Thread Ook! Thanks!
Hugs my Moot Family
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:01 am

I saw Vampire's Rock last night, anyone else go? And that had loads of great songs, incl:
Billy Idol- White Wedding, Rebel Yell
Meatloaf- many many of those
The Lost Boy (film)- When your a stranger
Guns and Roses- Loads again
and many more
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:05 pm

im jealous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your all time favourite songs?   What are your all time favourite songs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your all time favourite songs?
Page 1 of 1