Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are Crystals used for?

Go down 
+2
StarlightTess
Ook!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

What are Crystals used for? Empty
PostSubject: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 5:44 pm

What are Crystals used for? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 7:32 pm

different people use crystals for different things, each crystal due to its chemical make up vibrates at a different frequency, these varied frequencies lend themselves to different purposes (it is also the frequency at which it virbrates which gives certain crystals certain colours) the shape of crystals can also make a difference to people in what they use them for.
Crystals as i said have many uses from dowsing to carrying a piece around with you to help absorb its particular characteristics. certain colour of crystals are also related to the chakras. but i think they are most widely used in healing.

this probably hasn't helped much as its very vague but you shoudl check out
http://www.namastecafe.com/crystals/uses.htm just came up in a google search.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks Tess,

Very interesting link. Smile

It's interesting that you touched on frequencies. Frequencies fit a lot into the various theories I have on a lot of what people attribute to supernatural and 'unexplainable' phenomena. I'll have to look into this more. Smile

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 9:52 pm

yeah i've heard of reserch of how a certain frequency can induce the being watched sensation that people interpret as paranormal activity.
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Crystals can be used for most things. You can release and use the natural energy they contain or use the properties to influence a spell. Just carrying a crystal with you can han an effect. (ie - carnelien can help you to be more couragious or up-together)

On the subject of frequencies, moldavite and Azestulite (I think it's Azestulite I'm thinking of, anyway) are amazing. The frequencies for both stones are at a particular rate so that just holding them can give wierd 'shooting like' (among other) sensations all the way up your arm.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:46 pm

ooooooo really Smile thats cool, might have to get me some
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:53 pm

They're both bloody expensive, mind.

There's only one source of moldavite in the world, 'cause it comes from a meteor that hit the earth yonks ago. The heat combined fused together the rocks on the earth' surface and that of the meteor.

I think Azestulite is just plain rare. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:54 pm

well i can try..................................................................................... or steal it.................................................................or just pretend.
Back to top Go down
Oobe

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:34 am

Ok here is one possible use.

They can be used to transform one type of energy into another. Everyone has seen the type of ligter that uses a spark to light the flame, but has no battery. Inside the lighter is a bit of quartz, and a hammer driven by a spring. You can take the sparking part apart and see how it works, quite simple. When the quartz is struck it gives of a high voltage that jumps a gap and lights the gas.

Of course that is a fairly basic application. It holds true for other forms of energy as well, you put one thing in, and it is transformed into something else. Energy can also be stored inside, by stressing the crystal in some way, then released returning the crystal to is natural state. It is supposed to be possible to crack a crystal by pouring energy into it, though I have never seen it. If this was quartz, then you would most likely get zapped at the same time as the fracture.

Quartz is possibly the easiest to actualy test out, since we have electrisity inside us all the time. Some sorts of quartz is atuned to 'people electrisity' so that has to do with the strange tingling sensations from it.

I don't think it is wise to try busting crystals with energy, quartz may zap you, and it will hurt. Other things may also zap you, but in other ways.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Narada
Narada

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Sorry if this has been answered on another thread, I can't be bothered to go look through them all...

When you 'use' a crystal for it's purpose, whatever it may be, is it just a case of carrying it around in your pocket or do you need to perform some sort of ritual/ceremony to draw out the power or whatever you need to do?
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:14 am

Sorry to come back with a vague answer, Narada, but it really would depend on what the intention was for carrying the crystal.

For example, you coud carry a piece of Amethyst if you were suffering from headaches - you would not need to perform any rituals or processes on this (other than cleansing to ensure that all negative and stray energies were removed). One of the uses for Amethyst is to offset the effects of headaches, so that use is already "in-built" so to speak.

However, if you were to have a crystal that was being used for protection and that was not part of its normal properties, then it would be necessary to cleanse and charge the crystal to give it those powers. For example, I always wear a Moonstone pendant and that is my protective amulet, which was created by charging it with my energy and the intent that this would be protective for the wearer (me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are Crystals used for?   What are Crystals used for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are Crystals used for?
Page 1 of 1