Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Runes and Runic readings

Go down 
+4
Grimnir
LunarCraft
Logmadr
Ook!
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Runes and Runic readings Empty
PostSubject: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:30 pm

I have seen Runes but know absolutely zero about them. Can someone enlighten me on the subject please?

And Runic readings, this looks fascinating and without any knowledge of it, it looks like the positioning of runes is how divination is interpreted. Again, anyone care to tell me what the basics are about his please? Thank ee kindly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:37 pm

Runes were apparantly discovered by the Norse God of God's: Odin. He was hanging from Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, which the Kaballistic Reiligion is centered around...I think :S

Runes: there are 24 that can be interepreted or used in spell work: they all have different meanings, ranging from Possessions to Bindings, from Business to Cattle...There is also the 25th rune, Wyrd (pronounced "Weird") that literally means Fated...

{{I didn't even look at a book!}}

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks Tomi. Smile

So, how are they used and how are they interpreted?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:48 pm

People cast them in a hundred different ways, and they are interpreted in a hundred more...I would recommend a book by Keith Morgan, called "Rune Magick" from The Willow Tree, offers a complete explanation and I would recommend it to everyone...
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Alternatively, you could request a reading from Logmadr!!! He really is an amazing rune reader who works in his own unique way that has to be seen.

And he would do this without the aid of a book (I recognised the dig, Tomi!!! lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:24 pm

It would be fascinating to watch the man in action. I may ask for a demo!
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Next time we're in the shop, I shall show you Ryoma!

Last edited by on Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Excellent! I'll let you know when I'm coming in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grimnir

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:16 am

Logmadr wrote:
He was hanging from Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, which the Kaballistic Reiligion is centered around...I think :S
There is also the 25th rune, Wyrd (pronounced "Weird") that literally means Fated...
jocolor
Heathen pedantic moment here Razz I don't know much but I do know my Heathenry.
Yggdrasil means Yggs Horse or Yggs Steed, Ygg (The Terrible One) being Odhinn (Odin, Woden). It is the World Tree of Norse mythology, all the 9 worlds of creation are held within it. Has nowt to do with the Qaballah/Kaballa though as that is based on Abrahamic mythology ie Jewish/Christian.

Next, the blank or 'wyrd' rune. It doesn't exist in the original inscriptions and was introduced by Ralph Blum who also reordered the runes to fit his ideas. The original Elder Futhark has 24 runes in 3 Aettir (families) of 8. The Younger Futharks/Futhorks are also split into Aettir but on different lines as they have different numbers of letters.

Perthro is the rune most closely associated with Wyrd, which in itself is a very complex ideology to explain Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:19 am

Yay!! Someone who actually knows what they're talking about!!!
Back to top Go down
Grimnir

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:11 am

Heh, I should hope! Honestly though, I've researched what I can Smile I use them a lot more for magic than for divination. I use them in the main for charms and amulets using bindrunes though I have used them as Trollrunes on more than one occasion.
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:25 am

Hey Tomi, I might also muscle in on watching a reading sometime. My sister painted some runestones for me as a home-made Xmas present (I think its a full set... dunno) I want to see how runes are used. I think between you and Grimnir I can get some quite useful and curious information which will make me grin... like this: Very Happy ...

Shocked

Question What's a Trollrune?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Grimnir

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 5:14 am

A Trollrune is the name given to a runic curse, there's a specific sequence of runes that starts it.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:04 am

Yeah, yeah I knew that....of course.....ok, blatent lie!! All I can do is read Runes!! Bind Runes are cool, but Trollrunes...interesting Razz ...

Logmadr, The Mediocre!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:12 am

I type some of the phrases I didnt get into google and cheated! Very Happy hehe so I kind of get the basics of the idea. x
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:46 am

Just reminded me of when I was younger- me and a friend sat in Wimpy drawing runes onto stones-man we got some wierd look! No wonder people thought we were weird in school! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:48 am

I doubt the speaking in tongues in the middle of Maths helped, huh?
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:50 am

or rolling spliffs in maths! (I actually did that! cos I'm cool! Cool )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 am

Hehe me and my friend used to write to each other in runes so no one but us could read the notes Very Happy:D:D xxxx
Back to top Go down
VII
VII

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Quote :
(I actually did that! cos I'm cool! silly )

rofl Razz Finger Razz Finger Razz rofl
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/druid_danja & http://www.paganspace.n
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Hehe with anyone or just to yourself? Razz
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:03 am

Aurora, VII was quoting Solvo on how she used to roll spliffs in class, not pass notes in Runes!! lol
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 am

Well the same question could apply i'm sure! Razz xxx
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:24 am

Notes in runes is very clever, wish I could have done that at school! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 am

Hehe it was good fun but it took us ages to write them and they were only silly things about boys and how horrid teachers were! hehe x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runes and Runic readings   Runes and Runic readings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runes and Runic readings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next