Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

representation of the elements

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Jaska

representation of the elements Empty
PostSubject: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:29 am

ALLO
There are the normal representations that we have of the elements, but do you go by them? or do you have your own personal representations?
I used to use 'traditional' means, eg inscence for air, a bonsai for earth, water for water candle for fire... Myself for the spirit and chaos...
but I have recently found mine (ie 5 minutes ago) based upon existing knowledge and due to practicing with tarot cards earlier as well...

-my Tarot cards with a selenite stone are now my representatives of air, due to geting a cold 'airy' (for lack of better word) feel of the energy when i placed my hand above them...
-then i remembered that my wand gave off heat energy (fire) (also represented as fire along with an athame)
-decided my book be my earth,
- and i am the water itself (pisces lol)... untill i find something else water worthy Razz

What about the rest of you?
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, I usually go by visualisation, or Chaos Portals. These are made with six elemenets; earth, air, fire, water, light and dark. It's all the energies blended together, which balances the circle and gives off energy...

Loggy
Back to top Go down
Oobe

PostSubject: Re: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Interesting. I have just about standard ideas here.

Water mostly water, or sea salt, sea salt is very watery sort of stuff I find. It's also dry-ish and easy to carry with you. I hadn't thought of using myself as water, but that would work I'm sure.

Air, mostly insense, or esential oils in a burner.

Earth, usualy a bit of rock or stone.

Fire, mostly I just light somenting like a candle. Though there are some fire type insense that I use sometimes as well.

A bit boring realy Smile

Richard
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Having recenty moved into university accomidation I can no longer use candles or incense (grrrrrr) because I'll set the smoke detector in my room off. So I've had to come up with alternate representations for fire and air.
I currently use: Air, feather. Earth, earth (ie soil) or a stone. Water, dish of water or a shell. Fire,(this is gonna sound wierd, but I swear it works!) my mp3 player with no headphones plugged into it. I wanted something small enough that I could put into the circle, and that ran on batteries. I tried using a battery that's just on it's own, but it's like using an unlit canldle - the potential is there, but it's not actualised. You have to connect the battery up to a circuit and let it run really.

Alternatively, I have four moderately sized quartz points that I charge with the elements' energy, or write characters that symbolize each of the elements on paper and place them in the circle.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 am

seeing as my bonsai tree had died months ago in my illness, i am replacing earth with - a dead bonsai!!!
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: representation of the elements   representation of the elements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

representation of the elements
Page 1 of 1