Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meditation and music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabouki
Sabouki

Meditation and music Empty
PostSubject: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:51 pm

I cant really see this fitting into any other topic, lol

I was just wondering what music people listen to while they are meditating [if indeed u do].

I tend to listen to what i call my 'mellow' playlist on itunes. Contains some slow and relaxing songs by artists such as Snow Patrol, Joss Stone, Massive Attack, Alana Grace, Miriam Stockley, Gwen STefani and Oasis and Stereophonics etc

I find the lyrics of the songs help me focus and calm myself down, so i can listen and just fade away or turn into myself, lol.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 3:13 pm

I've got a Meditative Playlist too!! It's mostly made up off Medievel Stuff and Enya, just because it's got soft tunes and calming lyrics...

That's my personal taste, but some people listen to Wind Flutes, some listen to Death Metal Razz

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Evie

PostSubject: Re: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 am

I love using music as a tool for meditation. It really does work ... floating away to music. I love Enya ... when mediating is my intention. However all kinds of music can put me into a zone... that I like to think is meditation as well. I don't meditate well on my own and need guided audio tapes to stay focused.

cheers I also liken the music from my youth ( your age now and up ) to offer me the ability to time travel backwards. Certain songs from the seventies and eighties are triggers... Blessed memories ... {{{giggle}}} {{{giggle}}}

I am especially fond of the Beatles. They brought eastern ways to us white folks. Karma? I didn't know who she was until the beatles sang about her. afro Oh how our parents disliked these guys. Especially the church folks. LOL They were a bad influence all the adults said... "Rebels !!! ... Just at their hair." we heard. We had to hide our albums. Sofa They sang about oneness, peace and love and flowers in your hair. They made a belief in re-incarnation possible. Music ... a feel good meditation? ... you bet!
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Evie, you have an amazing ability to chose your choice of words! Your comments really speak to people! You write passionately and with a great deal of enthusiasm, and people can really connect to what you're saying!

Please, keep up the good work filling up the forum, we need more articles!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Good question! I don't actually listen to music when I meditate but I find music meditative, if that makes sense! Embarassed

I have been a huge Cure fan for 26 or 27 years and I find their older, darker music meditative. Saying that, I find music from my youth does the same, so early-mid 80's music works well for me. I also love film music from the 40s-50s really makes me chill into a meditative zone as well, when I'm not singing along and being nostalgic that is. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meditation and music   Meditation and music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meditation and music
Page 1 of 1