Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enhancing the potency of Magic

Go down 
+4
LunarCraft
Logmadr
Fire Phoenix
Ook!
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Enhancing the potency of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:51 pm

So, what do you feel are the best ways to enhance Spellcrafting or Magic for you?

Is this likely to be a combination of traditional items that are used in Spellcrafting or Magic or does each person find something (a crystal or talisman for example) that they feel is the most ideal way to focus the Spellcrafting or Magic?

What are your thoughts, preferences or observations regarding this? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fire Phoenix
Fire Phoenix

PostSubject: Intent   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:03 am

hello there.

well, firstly. i feel that spells can be as complicated or as simple as you want them to be, and there are no specifics as to how to acheive or manifest something. The power of a spell is really dependant on how powerful your intent and desire is to pass your message to 'higher energies' You could use every trick in the book and still see little or no results if you have no true intent. I will use a quartz crystal (a good all rounder) as a focal point of my intent ad desires, this way they are being guided, and harnessed by the crystal. A crystal or talisman should never act as the driving force of a spell, it is what you infuse that crystal or talisman with that will ensure success.

Blessed be, fire phoenix
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjapianist
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Solvo Phasmatis and I were actually talking about this today!

We were saying how in Charmed, people read about 4 words and a huge spell happens, yet they don't meditate, focus, raise energy or anything! It sends out the wrong message

Magick can only happen if you make it, although it is sometimes hard to get out...

To quote a book: "Magick is hard to release when you need to: it's like going to the toilet in a room for of people staring at you....all of whom hate you..."

jocolor
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 am

I am intrigued, Logmadr ... what type of books do you read?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 am

Hahhaahahah brilliant quote! sunny
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:13 pm

Artemis Fowl, the latest one...it's a cool book...

...stop looking at me like that!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm

Lol.

I don't have any particular way - it depends on the spell I'm doing, what seems right, and how it is structured. Making sure all the elements are involved somewhere, or calling them specifically helps. Also, like Fire-Phoenix, I've found quartz to be a useful booster for spells, that doesn't change the direction of the spell.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:05 am

I feel that another way of enhancing the potency of magic is to do it when you are feeling particularly "witchy", that state (for me at least) when you can sense the energies of the earth under you, the air above and your own heart beating - everything coming together, I call it " eyes wide-open dreaming", everything seems to shift into a different space and the sense of continuim, things happening below the surface is almost overwhelming.
Of course to get into this state - being outside with nature alone really helps and just listening to bird-song, watching the sea or the leaves in the trees shift and shimmer can get you into this state. Some of the spells/ rituals which have gone the best for me have been performed in this organic manner, with natural awen-inspired words, the focus of nature around me and my own meditation and intent coming into focus with nature.

BB everyone this beautiful sunny morning! x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faeryintheforest
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:04 am

This is a state a lot of people (me included) get in to whenever we work magick: Once you find a way to induce it at will, it becomes hard NOT to do it: when you're stressed, when you're working magick, it happened to me yesterday when I was walking to college, the wind was horrendous and yet I just opened my senses and shut my eyes and you could almost feel your worries being blown away by the gale...

Now I must go drink a beer and do other manly things, as that comment above sounds incredibly feminine!!

LOL jocolor
Back to top Go down
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:00 am

Quote :
Now I must go drink a beer

Hehehe -I drink beer!!!!
Yes - maybe that's another important point - the more you achieve a magical state, the more you can just drift into it - "space out" - that's why magic practise and grounding is so important isn't it?! - Lately I don't seem to get a magical hangover - and I've been in this Pagan-reality since I was 19 - so it's taken a long time to work on that aspect for me anyway...but the Earth element is my least comfortable one!
Fire - Phoenix - Matt. poem please!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faeryintheforest
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:40 am

This is fascinating stuff! Very Happy

As a non-Pagan I hope you won't mind me sharing my opinions on enhancing the potency of any magical practices.

I think that humankind (and more naturally, many animals too imho) have the ability to affect energy (life energy and the energies/frequencies/signatures around us). Some of us will do this naturally without aid and many of us can affect change by the use of some form of practice that is proven to help us focus on the task in hand such as spellcrafting, crystals, meditation, Tarot, Runes, etc.

It's fascinating how humankind has managed to identify the best practices that can help focus our ability to affect the environment around us in what is still a very unconventional manner. I've been drawn to Wiccan and Pagan practices because whilst I do not believe in 'magic' in the traditional sense, I do believe in cause and effect and I think that the way that magic is practised just proves that we have the ability to connect with the energies and frequesncies that are 'existence' and thereby affect it in ways that are specific to goals we have in mind.

This also stands to reason why being in certain states of mind (at one with nature, in a meditative state, completely relaxed, etc, etc) we are more tuned to certain practices than others and are more likely to achieve successful outcomes.

This is my humble opinion anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:50 am

I understand your opinions completely, Ryoma...You don't believe in magick, as in waving a wand around, saying a few words and making a balloon appear?

Join the club Wink

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:09 am

Actually (balloon aside) I believe that if someone wants to manipulate the environment and does so by interacting with the natural energies of the environment, world, existence, etc. by a tool of their choice which could be a wand, a coconut, a scarf or anything that they really believe and have faith in, then that tool is a valid one if it helps focus that energy. Saying that, I am inclined to believe that certain materials are more likely to atune us to the life energy around us than others

I don't believe in magic in the traditional sense - electricity was 'magic' once. I see many Wiccan practices as very real ways to scientifically interact with nature - the science is unconventional to most at the moment but not unconventional to me as I think this is real science that Pagans stumbled on eons ago using their ownbeliefs as a basis and Wiccans have developed since. I think conventional science will come to reveal the Wiccan science eventually and then it will be more widely understood and taught as standard human knowledge for all to benefit from. The belief to scientists that it is just 'Superstition' holds the development of this kowledge back in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:29 am

Well said, but what I meant was that people can't work or weave magick if the intent is not there: if a teenager stumbled across an ancient book and read a spell aloud, then I don't believe anything would happen...

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:31 am

Between the two of you I think you summed up some correct (IMHO) and important points. Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 am

Logmadr wrote:
Well said, but what I meant was that people can't work or weave magick if the intent is not there: if a teenager stumbled across an ancient book and read a spell aloud, then I don't believe anything would happen...
Oh yes, I completely agree with that. Smile

Aoife wrote:
Between the two of you I think you summed up some correct (IMHO) and important points. Hear hear!
Thank 'ee kindly kind maiden. Smile
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:21 pm

Well said Ook. Magick to me is just a way of re-connecting ourselves with our environment. People have forgotten that we are apart of the earth, and visa versa. I think that's why they find the idea of people controlling it though unconvential methods so hard to believe. I think we all have this power within us, it's just whether you are open minded enough to let the energy flow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:38 am

I agree Tomi but what if the words were words that have power in themselves? uhhh yeah..make sense?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:48 pm

You wouldn't be able to find out the words without some belief, would you? It takes time, power, effort and concentration to find words that actually mean something, one's the aren't used all the time....
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Personally, I think that words can be very powerful things but I don't think they have the ability to control things without someone/something (oooh Suspect ) putting their will and energy into the meaning of those words. The will and the word- together powerful, apart, not so much (though the will is always the one with the potency).
I think it's similar with objects. Without the will and energy of the little witchy, the broom is just a broom Witch Of course all this is just my own humble opinion. I'm always interested in others, how else would I develop my own...
Once again I feel i am rambling, though I hope others can understand me (I sure as hell don't!) scratch
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Solvo,

I feel the same (not the rambling... which you are not!). I think it is a combination of events that lead to a succesful outcome. I look on it that many complex (or even not so complex) procedures would either not work or have a different effect if a particular component or event were missing.

From a simplistic point of view it and to use a metaphor, to bake a cake without a singlr part of the recipe and procedure such as heat or without flour would end up with something different or just a useless mess, or a car without a battery or fuel wouldn't start, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks Ook Smile and nicely placed metaphors. cheers I've always been a great fan of them myself. cheers I think they can elaborate so clearly and poetically when used properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing the potency of Magic   Enhancing the potency of Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enhancing the potency of Magic
Page 1 of 1