Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents- What they think of magick?

Go down 
+5
Aoife
Aurora
Logmadr
Sabouki
Solvo Phasmatis
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

Parents- What they think of magick? Empty
PostSubject: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 2:41 pm

My parents are Christain and though they don't try to push their relgion on me, they think that magick is evil. Living with them I've always found it difficult to practice magick as I'm constantly having to hide away. I'm nineteen and I have to hide all my books and herbs from my parents (well my mum mainly). It hard because I get on with my mum really well, she's like my best friend and I hate having to hide things from her, especially something so important to me. Crying or Very sad I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this kind of situation or had any thoughts on the matter?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 2:47 pm

well, my parents really dont know about my interests in magick...mainly cos i'll do some experimenting when they're not in the house.
My mum is the open minded one of the too, though i think she thinks practising witchcraft is slightly disturbing. My DAd....i have no clue.

The rest of my family are adverse to it as any typical Christian, lol.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 3:47 pm

My mum and step-dad take it as a joke: they think I'm crazy and don't see why I believe in it...I would't go and tell them that I didn any spells, because if they failed (of course they wouldn't! lol) they would tell me what utter faeces it is to believe in it in the first place...

Logmadr
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:35 am

I'm really lucky my parents used to take the piss but now they are kinda used to it. For example my mum asks what im doing when i go down and get a bowl of salt and i reply "a full moon ritual" and she goes "oh ok just wanted to know". hehe. It kinda helps having a druid as an aunty and although my dads not close to her at least the ideas not completely alien. x
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 pm

The closest thing to a witch in my family is my nan, the Uber-Catholic...I don't know how it works, it's just a normal idea that she is a Witch...probably because she wou;dn't look out of place on the back of a broomstick and she's about 200 years old Razz

jocolor

I love my nan...I should phone her some time...

Logmadr..
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:24 pm

My parents are the über-christians. As far as they are concerned I am a good little christian girl who loves noithing better than geting up early on sundays to play my piano in church. Ummm.........yeah, that's me!

So y'know, don't mention witchcraft in front of them...
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:01 pm

I've gone through meeting your parents about 20 odd times, and seeing your dad every-other-day at college and I've kept it a secret...

What do you take me for?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Do not answer my previous question
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 pm

awh why ever not?
well my dad is a major atheist, and my mum is an atheidt chistain (more atheist than christian thankfully) lol! but they don't really mind me being wiccan and even if they did I don't think they would say anything Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:38 pm

well it's really strange, about a month ago my mum was trying to help me find something in my room (no matter how much I said not to) and she found my magick drawer (sadly the drawer has no magickal powers it's just where I keep all my books and herbs. Anyway, she didn't say anything much, she only asked about the herbs (she thought the mugwort was weed till I showed her the label lol! . So now I don't know what she thinks, but we just don't talk about it. I think she excepts that I'm interested in paganism but just doesn't want to here about it. She never had a problem when I quit church, but out of respect to her faith and to keep the peace I just mainly keep it too myself.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:59 pm

I would much rather have a mother who wouldn't talk about it rather then having a mother who took it as a joke...pain in the arse mother I've got!!

Still I was showing her my Orcale De Paracelsus cards (Geomancy) and she was really getting into it, becuase they are in Latin!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Well at least that's something, i'm sure she'll take you more seriously as you get older. Parents just seem to think that any interests that are strange to them are 'just a phase'. Rolling Eyes I mean my Gran said that when my brother and i stopped going to church (that was about 7 years ago!) Smile
If you ask me hollywood has a lot to answer for. They turned anything to do with paganism into this big joke. Furious
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm

I completely agree! I went to the cinema today to see "StarDust" and I am sorry, but people (Witches) we're ripping animals in half and divining (very precisely actually, I was in awe!) with their guts and they were using runes in a strange way, and I just thought "Why did it have to be Runes?!"

I was wearing my Bone Rune bracelett today and my friend said to me "isn't that what was in the film" at which point I cringed and said "Yes, but she's no where near as good as I am!"

As for my mother thinking differently? I hope so: she even said to me she couldn't imagine me as a Rune Reader or fortune tell of any sort: I'm her son and anything I know, she thinks she knows: she can't stand to have me knowing something she doesn't know about!

Which she admitted!!

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
Sabouki
Sabouki

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:54 pm

I loved the film Stardust!!
Meh, my parents are used to my knowing stuff that they dont know. My mum gets extrememyl freaked out at the amount of good advice i can come out with and shes like 'your 16! how do you know that!'

My mothers beginning to come round to my pagan-ness. She is having Shamanic Healing counselling with my best friend mum, and so is more and more open minded abot it.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:57 pm

That is a good thing...the more open you are with your mum to it, the less it will feel Taboo, like it is in my house ...
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:08 pm

I find it really bizarre that your mum cant image you being a rune reader and other such things hehe
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:06 pm

It's because you've known me as nothing but a Rune Reader, Mage, and all that, whereas she didn't even know I was learning until about a year ago!!

She just finds it hard to believe her baby has faith in something that isn't Catholocism...
Back to top Go down
Annie
Admin
Admin
Annie

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Shhhhhh! My mother doesn't know! Sofa

lol!

Only kidding (not really much need to explain, everyone knows my mum!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.merrymoot.co.uk
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 5:42 am

And you should have been in bed ... 6.00 am rise to go to London (to buy Heat Magazine!)

By the way, don't tell Annie ... but I do know about her magickal work and beliefs ... but let's keep her guessing!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:50 am

If no one has figured it out yet: they are both Pagan, and own a Pagan Shop...and live a Pagan Lifestyle...

I think the story behind how Sarah found out is amazing, it's ever Pagans dream that they tell their mother they're Pagan, their mother researches it, likes it and buys a Witch Shop!!

Who else agrees with me?!

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:39 pm

HAha when you meet my mum tomorrow you will also find that idea hilarious! hehe
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 5:48 am

OMG! I know everyone hates to hear something like this (so sorry) but your parents are really cool! And your mum could so pull oiff being a witch! lol.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:57 am

i agree Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:13 am

I will only say these things: She is sarcastic, she has a nasty sense of humour and she is good with a knife...

Do you think she'd leave your dad for me?!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Kim - your parents were spectacular and I absolutely loved their attitude towards the whole fesitval ... they were awsome.

PS My dad doesn't know that I am Pagan, by the way!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents- What they think of magick?   Parents- What they think of magick? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parents- What they think of magick?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next