Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..

Go down 
+2
Solvo Phasmatis
Logmadr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Logmadr

Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Empty
PostSubject: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:00 pm

Do you feel people constantly put you down when it comes to the Occult ? People think that you don't know anything about anything because you don't have the life experience?

This has happened to me innummerable times, and I want to see if it's happened to anyone else, because it is a royal pain in the bootang....
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:52 am

Haven't personally experienced that (in relation to magick) but i know exactly where you're coming from. I know experience counts for alot, and I except that, but being younger doesn't make your views or opinions less valid!
I remember when I was working in a warehouse and i came in hung-over one day. This guy I'd got on with before (even though we were completely different) starts having a go at me and saying how I should make more effort to be 'a good member of society'! To this I replied that I had never criticism his way of life so what gave him the right to do it to me and frankly looking at the majority of what goes for a society these days, why would I want to be a part of that?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 am

My friend at school and I have started having minor fights about paganism because he thinks its stupid, we had a massive argument how i thought the pope was pointless becuase he is interpretting the 'word of God' (actually the word of men long dead) and he detates what people should do and believe. And my friend was like "isnt that exactly the same as what you believe", I nearly exploded trying to prove my point but got cut off. Oh plus he keeps saying that i killed jesus hehe
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:56 am

thats impossible i killed jesus!!!!!!!!!

*cough* i mean erm ........ bugger
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 am

I used to sit next to this guy in RE class and he saw me drawing a pentacle one day and exploded into rants about how it was the sign of the devil and I would burn in hell etc etc..
He was one of the people who thought if you coughed to loudly you went to hell (not literally but you get the point!) I actually felt sorry for him cos he was so obviously gay but thought that being gay would send you to hell too. No
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am

One thing I've experience is Older Witches (although generally people who come to the craft MUCH later in life!) look down on me: although I may've been studying witchcraft and esoteric subjects for 7 odd years more than them, they STILL think I MUST be a lying ignorant twat because I am undersage!!

I will say this is not the same for most witches I meet, generally witches who I meet through online forums...Yes I'm young, yes I don't know everything but I know more than you so nyeh!!

Mature, Justice, real mature....
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:14 am

Logmadr wrote:
One thing I've experience is Older Witches (although generally people who come to the craft MUCH later in life!) look down on me: although I may've been studying witchcraft and esoteric subjects for 7 odd years more than them, they STILL think I MUST be a lying ignorant twat because I am undersage!!

I will say this is not the same for most witches I meet, generally witches who I meet through online forums...Yes I'm young, yes I don't know everything but I know more than you so nyeh!!

Mature, Justice, real mature....

maybe one should re-arrange everything they say before saying it, to sound more passive....
um.... i dont get this sort of thing in the magic area (i dont think), but i do get it generally. It is very annoying, but my best route I find is just to back down and leave it be. if that person wants to think they understand more than you, then let them. it wont affect you a single bit in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:30 am

Well said Jaska! If people want to feel superior and look down on you then who cares!? That's there choice to be close-minded and ignorant and they'll never know any better. If you take the higher ground and just ignore them then you have shown that you do know more than them and are more mature without sinking to their shallow level.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:33 am

I'm not necessarily claiming to be mature: just not ignorant...

And since when did I ever come across as passive?!!? LIke I have an ounce of tact!! lol
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:39 am

Obviously, tact is not one of your skills (I'm not exactly a master either) but it's a good thing to learn if you want to get on with people and get some respect
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 am

of course, if tact int natural for you in the slightest......... prepare to be doomed by society muahaha!
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:39 am

Tactful I'm not, but articulate I am: I can please people I need to please, but why should I change my personality or strong opinions just to keep people happy: it keeps them ignorant really!! lol
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Ya'll may have killed Jesus, but I'm pretty convinced I was the one who nailed Him to His cross. All the adversity in my life, I've been a baaaaaddddddd person in prior lives!

Anyway..... Loggy, You and I have had this conversation before! Just keep truckin and someday you will be considered Sage and then you will have that much more to draw from experience.
Young are not the only ones who suffer from stupid people. *did I say that outloud?*
My best friend is a witch as well. One of her friends thinks that because I'm not "out of the broom closet" means that I don't know ANYTHING even though I've studied for many years. Do to family pressures, work issues and some friends, I'm not open with everyone about me being a witch. I don't however, hide the fact. I just don't go around screaming it from the rooftops. I get so frustrated with her that I've totally cut ties with her. She was gone in Iraq for 3 years which is when Wendy and I became very good friends. We celebrated every full moon and as many sabbats as we could get our hands on. Now, her friend is back and I am no longer invited to practice with them. We don't celebrate rituals or sabbats together. Though I know they do as I've heard them talking about it. It hurt my feelings pretty bad for a while and then I just decided I was no longer going to give her friend the satisfaction of knowing she had hurt me. I'm moving on and finding a new group to practice with and celebrate with. It's just not easy being a hedge witch and a sole practisioner. *shrugs* Just wanted you younguns to know that sometimes, it doesn't change, just the faces and names change.
Just keep practicing, learning, perfecting
Loves ya
Storm
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:28 pm

And Loggy, about Tact.............
"Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"
I LOVE that quote. I don't know who said it, but it's fricken AWESOME
and I live my life around it. I'm tactful, but very witty and hugely sarcastic!
Love ya Son of my heart
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 am

I LOVE THAT QUOTE, IT'S FRICKEN AWESOME!! Hehehe I am putting it into my signature right now!!!

Thanks again for the input Mama Storm!

Loggy
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 pm

*laughs* How did I know you would do just that?
I debated weather or not to quote it and use it myself or give it to you!!!!
You won!
Hugs
Mama Storm
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 3:00 am

**Thanks The Mommy** Cheers for that Stormy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..   Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Younger Witches, Mages, Seers, Sorcerors, etc..
Page 1 of 1