Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Differences between Witches and Wiccans?

Go down 
+2
Aoife
Ook!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Empty
PostSubject: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:26 pm

Is there a difference between Witches and Wiccans? Or is a Witch just a category of Wiccan or vice-versa?

Could someone help us out with a definition please? Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Personally I'd class all wiccans as witches (but doubtless some people would disagree) but not all witches are wiccans (like me, for example Smile).

"Wiccan" implys a more specific set of beliefs and practises than "witch", which (see what I did there?) can be far more varied.

Not all magickal practitioners would call themselves witches either - mages, for example.
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Thank you, that makes sense. I appreciate the reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:24 pm

I used to class myself as a Witch, but changed it to Mage, which means I deal more with energy, different planes, spirits and the like rather then spells, potions and herbs, etc...
Back to top Go down
Spider

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Cool
Names are meaningless. Every follower of ` whatever` follows that ` whatever` slightly differently...and all methods of `following` are equally valid and worthwhile. In my opinion the discussion of `oh! I'm this and you're that` teaches nothing and forwards the cause of confusion in the end. All of us are on a journey, the means of transport is merely a matter of choice. Inevitably..we all reach the same stations....Stay strong.
Back to top Go down
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:14 pm

I Agree
Back to top Go down
http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:06 am

Nicely said Spider. Have not seen you hear before, hope you stick around (maybe use the 'Introduce Yourself" section to do just that!

Personally I have never understood the need people feel to label oneself. I suppose some people find it useful in their search for self to analyse and catagorise themselves. Even if I don't fully understand this, I respect it. Personally I think we are all evolving as we grow and cannot seek to label ourselves as this may be represent the person of tomorrow. I cannot deal with being put in a box, I feel constrained rather than comforted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Witches and Wiccans?   Differences between Witches and Wiccans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences between Witches and Wiccans?
Page 1 of 1