Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life after death

Go down 
+2
Logmadr
Ook!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:01 am

I was told by a good Pagan friend that Pagan beliefs of life after death vary considerably from one person to the next. I found this fascinating as my own views cover a multitude of beliefs but do not include any belief whatsoever in any kind of heaven or hell.

What are your opinions on what happens after our physical bodies have decided it's time to move on?
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:22 am

Although I am not Wiccan (completely opposite in fact!) I follow the Wiccan belief of The Summerlands: it's where spirits are formed and where Spirits who have had more than one life return to, to be reborn...It's like recycling, where new Spirits are made and old one's are reanimated...like Sea Monkeys!!! (Thought I"D PUT IT THAT WAY FOR Annie's sake!)

I also believe that if a Spirit is unwilling to move on, they can reside on this plane among others, and can also possess people!!

Again, people have varying views!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:25 pm

I also beleive in the summerlands and reincarnation. I don't think you can be reincarnated as an animal or plant (I beleive animals and plants have entirely different kinds of souls to our own) and I think you can go thousands of years without being reincarnated - you stay in the summerlands as long as you need to. I don't see the summerlands as a heaven and I don't believe in any kind of hell.

I'm not sure about ghosts/spirits/whatever. They might be souls that have refused to move on, but I also think they could just be trace energy left over from a life that has since gone. Afterall, ghosts are often reported where something traumatic happened, and spirits always seem to haunt the places where they died, particularly if they're death was unnatural. This presents a very weird situation though - that would make it possible to come across the "ghost" of your own past life...that would be weird...

{end of long winded post}
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:55 pm

I love your view Aoife. Very Happy

I don't see theath as final. I see life as an undying energy, after all, even with the limitations of conventional science it is accepted that energy does not just 'die'. I think our life energy moves on to another level of existence at which point a number of options will open up to us, reincarnation being one, moving onto another plane or planes might be another, or just waiting until a choice can be made. Although I don't believe in 'gods', I do think there are older life forms, possibly former human ones, that exist. I also believe in different dimensions and overlapping realms of existence, hence the sightings of 'ghosts' or wotsits and unexplained phenomena all over the world throughout history.

I think all of this is a matter of 'science' that is beyond living human comprehension. I also think that our life energies are not limited to our human forms while we are alive as well, which is how I believe Witch Craft works, by tapping into these channels of life energy that have no physical boundaries, with the help of focusing tools and methods.

This is all just my own hypothesis but I really believe that this is the basis of 'life' as an undying force.
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Ook! wrote:
. I also believe in different dimensions and overlapping realms of existence, hence the sightings of 'ghosts' or wotsits and unexplained phenomena all over the world throughout history.
r

Ook have you heard of the string theory? It's a concept in physics that actually makes multiple dimensions possible.
Also a book that I think will be of interest to you, its called The Science of The Craft by William H Keith, it's a pretty good read, if you can forgive the Americanisation of it, really give you some things to think about in relation to scientific concepts falling hand in hand with that of pagan ones. .
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Ooooh! Sounds very interesting Tess. Shocked

I've heard the term, but know nothing of it. "Need more input!"

Gotta go and find something about this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:07 pm

I only touched on it breifly when i was at uni the first time round but i think it would be interesting to you as you seem to think scientifically Smile
me too Smile
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Zephron

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:20 pm

I do believe i have read a small part about the string theory, in an old issue of pentacle i think.

Its a bit hazy buit doesn't it use jthe idea behind garvity as its support. Somthing about most forces floating around, attached at one end but not the other.. no im gonna wait till i read it again before i comment seriously on it, has to be about a year since i proessed that information so poff gone.

I base my idea on both a circle theory and polarities, i.e life has to have an opposite. I dont class this as death because we have this time before we are born as well, as such i put in a circle formation, with life and anti-life, not a brilliant definition i know buy thats all i could come up with. I have a whole theory but its rather long so ill not post it now its far too late. Sleep
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm

well i look forward to a more detailed explanation Smile
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 am

I feel I have to say that this is developing into a REALLY interesting thread.

I suppose I should give an input regarding my own beliefs here ... I totally believe that "death" is just another stage in our existence and the spirit/soul leaving a physical body for which it no longer has a use.

I also believe that spirits/souls come back again and again, when there is a purpose for them doing so - this could be to continue learning or it could be to utilise the skills they have garnered from previous lives. I also believe that spirits/souls continue to learn and develop on their plane.

I also beleive that these entities are capable of communication with those of us on the physical plane but we either need to change our level of consciousness or find someone with that ability.

I am starting to ramble so will shut up now and let others have their say!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Sponsored content

Life after death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life after death   Life after death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life after death
Page 1 of 1