Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?

Go down 
+11
Storm MoonSong
Era Amunet
Solvo Phasmatis
Witch-In-Ice
Fire Phoenix
LunarCraft
Aurora
Aoife
StarlightTess
Logmadr
Ook!
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Empty
PostSubject: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:20 pm

How do you choose your Pagan name(s) please? Smile
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:22 pm

Everyone has different methods: I've gone through a few, all of which I don't intend on keeping. My current one, Agares, is from The Goetia, my old one, Lebras, is from a past life...LunarCraft is Sarah's transforming two of her favourite things: The Moon (Lunar) and The Craft, as in witchcraft...Although I still think Loony suits her better...

Find them in books, on translaters, in dictionaries, etc...

jocolor
Back to top Go down
StarlightTess
StarlightTess

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:24 am

I hand realised i had more had a convo with tomi the otherday and he made me realise i have more than one name, starlighttess- originated just as an email but now i have a coupel of close freinds that call me starlight. and then theres stormcat which purley is the combination of two things i love storms and cats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hedgewitchescottage.co.uk
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order
Aoife

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:45 am

Try this link.

http://www.widdershins.org/vol3iss4/m9710.htm

(hehehe)
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks Aoife. Smile Thanks for everyone's input.

That link made me smile. Smile

Anyway, I'm just posting to let you know that Gina has chosen her new Wiccan name. Her name is Lunarat.

I like it very much. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 2:43 am

Was that Lunar at or Luna rat??? why has she chosen that then? Ive had a wiccan name before but i feel ive moved on to a new phase and need a new name to match that yet im finding difficulty with one that fits.
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:25 pm

"Lunarat"

We have 8 wonderful Fancy Rats. Their names are Mincie, Mrs Peabody, Mung Bean, Maris, Piper, Queequeg, Feebie and Roo Roo McFlea. Some of them love the Moon so much they will sit upright mesmerised by it for ages.

Gina thought the name appropriate for her too. Smile
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:53 pm

I love it ... I would never have thought of rats being mesmerised by the moon!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:38 pm

I LOVE RATS! I miss mine *cries so much* I had one called Aspro and one called Athena :-D xxx
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:47 pm

Aurora wrote:
I LOVE RATS! I miss mine *cries so much* I had one called Aspro and one called Athena :-D xxx

Yes, their beautiful little lives are far too short. Sad They bring so much joy to us, we are blessed.

Sarah, our little girls have an entire room to themselves. We have build a sort of labyrinth of boxes, hammocks, blankets, etc that we call the Fortress of Rattitude. Part of it has a duvet that acts like a giant hammock/bridge between the Fortress and the window. They go there and Piper, Mung and Mrs Peabody in particular can be found leaning up against the window just straing at the stars and the moon. They will stay like that for hours sometimes. Moon gazing ratties. Love them. I love you I love you I love you

Here's a picture of Mung Bean when she was a young 'un.

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Mung
Back to top Go down
Aurora
Aurora

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:49 pm

SO JEALOUS I MIGHT EXPLODE!Shocked Furious
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 am

Mung Bean is a stunner - I bet she is even more lovely now she is grown up! Annie used to have two fancy rats - they were such characters and complete individuals. I must admit life is not the same without them around.
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am

Oh yes, shes a big fluffy soppy ball of love fluff. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:03 pm

Awwwwww! Annie has fallen in love with Mung Bean!!! You had better keep her well guarded!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Oh you should see the others too, they are wonderful. Their all so cute and all so unique. I love you
Back to top Go down
Fire Phoenix
Fire Phoenix

PostSubject: fire phoenix   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 am

Well my name is two words. Fire and Phoenix. Fire the element that i associate with for many reasons, one being the burning of an idea or desire and imagining that as a release from its physical constraints. I also see fire as a means to symbolically burning old triats and unwants to ashes.

Phoenix represents rebirth, so when i have burnt those feelings and undesirables into ashes, i can rise from them- rising from the ashes- rebirth, i believe this is an endless spiral cycle and instrumental in our development.

BB x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjapianist
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Rats and the moon   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:52 am

I used to have rats too - had 2, both pregnant - then I accidentily named all the babies so had to keep them (rather than the pet shop have some) Gave my rats all pagan queenly names, so nice to see pagans having rat names ! hehehe. Good name !
BB
Nicci Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faeryintheforest
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!
LunarCraft

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:55 am

What brilliant reasons for selecting your name Fire Phoenixx. I have just reviewed this thread thinking that I had given the rationale for me choosing Lunarcraft and found that I had forgotten to do this.

The reasons are very simple (like me - beat you again Logmadr!) ... Lunar because I am completely ruled by the moon - my moodiness and strong emotions. Link this to my love of crafting (knitting, crochet, sewing and cardmaking to name but a few) and you get LUNAR - CRAFT.

That is how I got my name and it is totally me now.

How have other people arrived at their magickal and/or pagan names?

Back to top Go down
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Pagan names 2(!)   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:57 am

For me I think life experiences and co-incidences gave me my names - affinities are important and even if they seem a bit random it's good to go with them and meditate on the names. Dreams are good for inspiration, childhood heroes, etc and asking why you relate to them, as a source of a name. I have several pagan names I use, at different times of year and some are just private. Interesting topic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:27 am

For me, my magickal name's aren't private: I believe if you use them with other people also interested in these sort's of things, then you start to FEEL like that name, and it stops it being just a name...if that makes sense...

My name is from scrolling Old Norse dictionaries online: My realy name is Tomi Justice (Yes yes, real name!) and I wanted something that related to me: I am the Forum Joker, and I wanted to be able to have a name that was funny:

Hence Logmadr: man of the Law Smile

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Solvo Phasmatis
Forum Hobo
Solvo Phasmatis

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:48 am

Personally I've always been interested in the latin language (though still haven't got round to learning!) Solvo Phasmatis translates to 'Free spirit'. I feel this relates to me as I have always felt a great affinity with bird and the freedom they represent. I don't feel constrained by the convensions of society- free to be myself and let my spirit soar (to a certain respect of course, no-one is completely free much as they'd like to be)

Saying that, I'm going through a change at the moment and I'm not sure of the name anmore, but that's why I chose it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/solvo_phasmatis & http://www.paganspace.n
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:56 am

Logmadr: Man of the Law - good name!

My name has a Scandinavian base (I speak Swedish) and for me is connected to white, which is a part of my name. The White Goddess has been important to me and I've found that the few Pagan names I have (whether private, i.e known to a few or very public) are related to my history and are all connected . As I've gone on with pagan stuff the celtic, druidic side has got stronger - but it still fits the Scandinavian side actually it's amazing how names fit you and affect your path!
Anyways - BB and queen awen to ya all!
Back to top Go down
Era Amunet
Era Amunet

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:02 pm

I'm part german so I looked in a german dictionary and found Dame von Welt Feuer...

can't remember what it means atm but meh lol!

Witch BB Witch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampiric_gal
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:11 pm

I believe there is power in the names you choose yourself: I've rushed in to too many, and now, I think I am finally settled...

I chose a Norse name, because a lot of my Divining is done through Runes, so I believe it sounds authentic to have someone reading with a Norse method who has a Norse name...

Smile
Back to top Go down
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: power of names   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:08 am

Logmadr wrote:
I believe there is power in the names you choose yourself: I've rushed in to too many, and now, I think I am finally settled...

I chose a Norse name, because a lot of my Divining is done through Runes, so I believe it sounds authentic to have someone reading with a Norse method who has a Norse name...

Smile

Absolutely! Tomi is a very Scandinavian name too - so that links. Do you have an affinity with Loki, or does that energy manifest itself in your life??? (if that's not too personal a question!) rendeer !!! I am a joker too - since my name is an annagram of my actual name!!
I think we choose names which relate to how we want to be as well as how we see ourselves. Of course these are often subconscious, "universe" -consciousness inspired choices.
That whole fire and ice symbolism of the Nordic path is important to me. There is an excellent song by Carrolyn Hillyer called Song of Fire and Ice from her album Ice !
But yup names are important - the power of the written word and runes and riddles!

Anyway BB everyone
Ice santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next