Merry Moot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryPortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?

Go down 
+11
Storm MoonSong
Era Amunet
Solvo Phasmatis
Witch-In-Ice
Fire Phoenix
LunarCraft
Aurora
Aoife
StarlightTess
Logmadr
Ook!
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Logmadr

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:13 am

I am a Joker, Loki is just plain mischevious...there is a slight difference and I haven't really ever wanted to come into contact with Loki....now Thor and Mjolnir on the other hand...Razz

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 am

Logmadr wrote:
I am a Joker, Loki is just plain mischevious...there is a slight difference and I haven't really ever wanted to come into contact with Loki....now Thor and Mjolnir on the other hand...Razz

jocolor

Hehe - don't blame you!

Wonder if we always choose the energy that shows up or if it chooses us! Mad Feel that Oden and Loki are shadow reflections of each other (if that makes sense!)
Interesting combination humour and justice - the jester as the only one who speaks truth - don't know if you know King Lear?!!! king jocolor rofl
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faeryintheforest
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:42 am

This has been bugging me all day:

Witch-In-Ice wrote:
since my name is an annagram of my actual name!!

Does this mean your real name is Nicci White?? Sorry, I was playing with it in my head Smile

Logmadr...
Back to top Go down
Witch-In-Ice
Witch-In-Ice

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 am

Logmadr wrote:
This has been bugging me all day:

Witch-In-Ice wrote:
since my name is an annagram of my actual name!!

Does this mean your real name is Nicci White?? Sorry, I was playing with it in my head Smile

Logmadr...
Very Happy
Was when I became a witch! Hehehe - life has done wierd things to my name since, which I've subsequently recovered from! pirate
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faeryintheforest
Ook!
Official Post Master
Ook!

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:46 am

Witch-In-Ice wrote:
I used to have rats too - had 2, both pregnant - then I accidentily named all the babies so had to keep them (rather than the pet shop have some) Gave my rats all pagan queenly names, so nice to see pagans having rat names !
Yay! Love ratties! cheers

I agree in the power of names as well so any choice made should be one that is well thought out. Although I do not have a Pagan name, my Japanese given name (Ryoma) is very special to me. It is only used by less than a handful of people, and only correctly pronounced by three people. Additionally, I see some similarities in character and the trials of my namesake which gives me a connection with history that I feel humbled and honoured by.
Back to top Go down
Storm MoonSong
Storm MoonSong

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:52 am

[center]
Ook, There is a lot of good information that you have been provided with! I just wanted to share how I came to my name. In Astrological terms, my planet is the Moon. My Birthmonth Moon is called "Storm" and my soul is music. Hence, Storm MoonSong!
My daughter chose Phoenix MoonSong because her Spirit Guide is the Phoenix and she wanted to choose MoonSong because she is my daughter and I guess it was a form of honor to want the same magical last name as her mama as well as the same last name in life! I am proud of her!
In response to some of the other posts about having grown out of their magical names, it does happen. As you grow in strength and wisdom, or circumstances change, what made the current name appropriate, sort of defines that individual from within.
A friend of mine has changed his magical name 3 times and is currently taking on yet another name. This time instead of changing it completely, he is adding to his current. He says His Dieties tell him when it's time and They choose his names for him. Just some food for thought!
At some point in the future, I will be adding or altering my name somewhat to honor my original lifetime of being Fae, my name was Miana *MeeAhNah*. Though I love my name, I have to honor that part of me that gave me who and what I know and am.

Brightest of Blessings to you all
Storm
Back to top Go down
Hazelmouse
Hazelmouse

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:38 am

Always interesting to find out how people chose their names.

I tried various methods like my favorite colour (Indigo) tree, animal (RowenBlackbird). I used various cards (Shaman, Celtic, Druid) and tried the number method, but it became so complicated and so in the end I thought of what my husband has been calling me for years now (we've been together 13 years, married 5) Hamster or Mouse (I'm only just over 5') and I love places where there are lots of hedgerows (I love nuts and berries too). Hazelmouse just sounded nice to me so that's what I decided on. Only recently found out that another name for a Doormouse is Hazel Doormouse and it too loves hedgerows, nuts and berries. Very Happy

And by the way Ook! I love Mung Bean. We have had ratties too. Burgerrat (he had a thing for burgers) and Izzy (she was a little bald rat though not as bald as people think, she was covered in soft fuzz) Very sweet.

Now we have a Flemmish Giant rabbit called Cocoa, a Giant French Lop called Beanie and a feisty dwarf hamster called Punchkin (give her tip bits and the first thing she does is box them out of your fingers with both little paws) she also comes to the call 'Grrr Aaaargh'.flower

Hazelmouse
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:25 am

I had a mini lop dwarf rabbit..... but it wasn't actually very drawf-like...

I used a number system for mine, 1-9 with abcd etc, for my date of birth, first and last name.... Dont know if i used my middle.... i assume so... in the end Jaska was the only one that made sense as a word/name
Back to top Go down
http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
ButterflyDancer
ButterflyDancer

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:45 am

My name is not actually my name on here. It is actually Aradia Moonfly. I dont know how it came araound but i know the different parts have different meanings to me. I am not saying that i woke up one morning and was like.... THATS IT!! But it was something like that lol!!

I have actually always liked the name aradia and i dont even know where i first heard the name but i went on a site where it told you the meaning fot he name etc and i fell in love with it there and then.
I have always been a person who walks home late at night under the moon and always had a thing of sitting on my window sill at home and when i am away to watch and look at the moon so that is where that came from.
The fly bit doesnt actually been like fly flies i mean it as in a buttfly which is absolute favourite animal and i actually have a tattoo of one. A lot of people look at me when i say this and think that i am absolutly mental fro putting fly rather than butterfly but moonfly sounds alto prettier thanmoonbutterlfy and you dont really choose these names... they choose you or atleast mine did.

xXx

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.viccwiccwicca.com
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:05 am

I do like the name Aradia very much, although the sotry of her being the daughter of Diana and Satan seems to always come to the front of my mind whenever I hear it...
Back to top Go down
ButterflyDancer
ButterflyDancer

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Lol well i mean everyname has a story, just depends if you believe them Very Happy Lol!! But yeah i can see where you are coming from Very Happy LOL

xXx

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.viccwiccwicca.com
Nos Llew-Blaidd
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:46 am

mine was simple i am nocturnal and love the dark its so peaceful which helped me choose the first part and i have a strong bond with the properties of my sighn of the zodiac heat passion pride protection and justice which helped me choose the second and as im a proud welshman i translated it to welsh and it just resonates who i am

Nos = Night
Llew = Lion

there you go i thought of going with dark star as after choosing my path it lept out at me everywhere i went dvd shops clothes stores everywhere but i put it a side and chose my current name wich im more than comfortable with Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?   How do you choose your Pagan name(s)? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you choose your Pagan name(s)?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2